- Little Azteca Grows Up. Downey, Kevin // Broadcasting & Cable;6/13/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 24, p20
Reports on the efforts of Hispanic TV network Azteca America, owned by TV Azteca, to compete with Spanish-language networks as of June 2005. Percentage of viewers growth expectations of the network; Subscription of the network to the Nielsen Hispanic Television Index; Revenue outlook for the...
- WALL ST. PAYS MORE ATTENTION TO HISPANIC SUCCESS. Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;12/10/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 50, p6
The article reports on the growing interest of Wall Street in United States Spanish-language media companies. Univision Communications, the top U.S. Spanish-language broadcaster has managed to grow despite the decline in the television market, and plans to launch a second network called...
- Harry Pappas. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/23/2006 Supplement, Vol. 136, p22
The article presents a profile of Harry Pappas, chief executive officer and chairman of the board of Pappas Telecasting, the largest privately owned group of television stations in the U.S. His family's background as radio station owners is presented, along with Pappas' role in acquiring their...
- High Marks for Research Multi-Tasker. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;3/31/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 13, p51
The article focuses on Mary Beth Marks, vice president of research at Crawford Johnson & Northcott Inc., in the U.S. Marks focuses on carrying out market research, talent coaching and strategic consulting for television networks across the country. She earned her doctorate degree at the...
- Cohen Brings Personality to Local Stations. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/18/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 29, p22
Profiles Bruno Cohen, president and general manager at KMAX, a UPN cable television station based in Sacramento, California. Educational and career background of Cohen; Contributions of Cohen to the station. INSET: BRUNO COHEN.
- Cable Channels Vie For Young Latino Audiences. Clemens, Luis // Multichannel News;2/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p20
The article focuses on challenges for cable operators in targeting second-generation Hispanic American viewers in the U.S. There are 22 million U.S.-born Hispanics according to the U.S. Census Bureau 2004 figures. Cesar Cruz, president of consulting firm Mi Gente, comments on the Hispanic...
- Game's on time; WB lineup delayed. D.T. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/20/95, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p12
No abstract available.
- WUAB nabs network no. 2. Harrison, Kimberly P. // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/9/95, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p2
Reports that WUAB-TV, Channel 43 has signed a long-term agreement with the WB Television Network to become its local affiliate. Background on WUAB-TV's contract with United Paramount Network's Cleveland outlet; Details on WUAB's alliance with United Paramount and WB Television.
- WGBO-TV talks sale with Spanish net. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/10/94, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p30
Reports on Univision's acquisition of independent television station WGBO-TV/Channel 66 of Chicago, Illinois.