MediaZone Taps Peers for Live Internet TV
- Telewest Broadband set to trial Blueyonder TV for 24/7 viewing. Jones, Gareth // New Media Age;5/5/2005, p5
This article reports on the launch of a Web-based TV service by Telewest Broadband, providing high-speed Internet users with free access to a range of round-the-clock programming in Great Britain. BlueyonderTV, which is available to anyone with broadband, is being trialled with three fully...
- The design and implementation of a future Internet live TV system over 4G networks. Liu, Hsing-Shao; Wang, Chia-Hui; Chang, Ray-I // Telecommunication Systems;Nov2013, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p203
The emerging 4G (fourth generation) networks featuring wider coverage, higher transmission bandwidth and easier deployment have a desirable potential to serve ubiquitous and pervasive multimedia applications in creating new user-centric communication services. However, the practical...
- Intelligent Content Distribution: A Critical Enabler for IPTV. Klein, Danny; Arnold, Jon // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Sep2006, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p30
The article focuses on the effort of IPTV, a service provider, aiming to increase its revenue and retain customers. In order to realize this plan, the company offers its market with triple play packages. It provides continue to steal away telecommunication subscribers. It has been mentioned...
- MENSAJETV TO LAUNCH. Chichakly, Lana // Home Media Magazine;7/13/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p12
The article reports on a broadband channel and social networking site to be launched by MensajeTV, provider of interactive Internet television for Latinas. It says that the web site will offer articles, as well as video and audio clips on different topics such as nutrition, family and Christian...
- Ukrtelecom launches new Internet TV service. // Russian Telecom;Jan2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p10
The article focuses on the new Ogo!TV online television (TV) service launched by Urktelecom for their fixed broadband subscribers that will include domestic TV channels and video-on-demand where smartphone, tablet and personal computer (PC) users can subscribe for the service for UAH 1 per month.
- Faster connection to broaden Net horizons. Longhurst, Paul // Marketing Week;5/4/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p16
Comments on the launching of broadband Internet and digital television in Great Britain. Number of companies which have signed up with British Telecommunications (BT) for broadband; Fees charged by BT Openworld for the service; Use of digital television for online transactions; BT's...
- Rostelecom expands fiber network in Vologda. // Russian Telecom;Aug2015, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p2
The article reports that telecommunication company Rostelecom expanded its fiber network coverage in Vologda, Cherepovets, Velikiy-Ustyug, Sheksna and Sokol in Russia to provide broadband and internet television (IPTV) services to its subscribers.
- We're oh so pretty, here at Switch2 TV. Southwell, Tim // Campaign (UK);07/21/2000, Issue 29, p14
Presents an update on Switch2Towers, the British multichannel Internet television platform built for broadband. Company's relocation to offices in the Soho district in London, England; Efforts to develop the Switch2 brand; Programs in the pipeline.
- YouView CTO says Google is welcome to join platform. Davies, Jessica // New Media Age;10/28/2010, p08
The article reports that the YouView Internet Protocol television (IPTV) encourages Internet users, including Google Inc., to create applications and join the platform, as stated by YouView chief technology officer (CTO) Anthony Rose at the Future of Digital Media Distribution conference that...