PGA's Back on Golf
- ESPN Comes Out Swinging on Golf. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;8/4/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p13
The article reports on the efforts of ESPN to offer major coverage of golf tournaments. ESPN has been covering the U.S. Open Championship of the Professional Golfers' Association and the biennial Ryder Cup competition alongside NBC. Also, ESPN televised the first two rounds of the 2008 Masters...
- OLN Again? Comcast Won't Push PGA Surcharge for Golf Channel. // CableFAX Daily;1/12/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the deal between Golf Channel and Professional Golfers' Association (PGA) for the broadcasting of golf tournaments. Expectation of Comcast from the deal; Insignificance of the deal to ESPN and USA; Number of PGA golf tournaments covered in the deal.
- TV Rewind. Purkey, Mike; Herrington, Ryan // Golf World;3/23/2009, Vol. 62 Issue 29, p16
The article focuses on the telecast of television programs based on golf during the World Golf Championship (WGC)-CA at Doral in Florida by NBC Television Network. The programs were focused on debates such as between golfers Johnny Miller and Roger Maltbie on winner Phil Mickelson. NBC offered...
- Comcast gives channels to Magic Johnson, Diddy. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;2/22/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p10
The article reports that four minority-owned television networks will be launched by Comcast Corp. which include the Aspire network to be led by former basketball player Magic Johnson, Revolt station proposed by Sean Diddy Combs, and BabyFirst Americas.
- AT THE OPEN, NO NEWS WAS BAD NEWS. Leggett, William // Sports Illustrated;7/ 4/1977, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p46
The article describes the telecast of the 1977 U.S. Open golf tournament's final round from Tulsa, Oklahoma by the U.S. television network ABC. The divergent impressions left by the television network's coverage include the skill and flexibility of ABC when it comes to technical matters and the...
- ABC TV Ratings For British Open Mixed. Herrington, Ryan // Golf World;7/27/2009, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p15
The article presents information on the ratings of the ABC Television network covering the British Open golf tournament 2009. The television channel reportedly got a 3.9 overnight Nielsen rating, for its Sunday telecast of the event, which was reportedly 11.1% up compared to 2008. ABC's Saturday...
- THE BIZ: Inside Move. Lemire, Joe // Sports Illustrated;3/16/2009, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p22
The article reports that the Versus television network, which was formerly called the Outdoor Life Network, has grown in popularity with young viewers. The network is owned by Comcast, and broadcasts numerous sporting events including hockey, bullriding, and cycling. It has grown steadily in...
- CNBC drives Senior PGA b'cast deal. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;04/26/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 38, p4
Reports on United States-based cable television network CNBC's agreement with the PGA Tour to cover several Senior PGA Tour events beginning in the year 2001. Details of the television rights deal.
- TV REWIND. Schneider, Stu // Golf World;6/16/2006, Vol. 59 Issue 43, p14
The article details the television coverage of the golf tournaments that had transpired in the previous week by cable television networks in the U.S. The Golf Channel extended its Friday, Saturday, and Sunday coverage of the McDonald's Ladies Professional Golf Association Championship due to...