JUST THE FACTS
- 55 Million Internet Users Shopping Online. Coyle, Tom // America's Community Banker;Sep99, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p41
Reveals the results of a survey conducted by CommerceNet and Nielsen Media Research on the number of North Americans who use the Internet. Effect of the increase of Web sites on the number of surfers who use the Internet for all aspects of their day-to-day lives; Increase in the number of...
- New Survey Says Web Use Growing. Oder, Norman; St. Lifer, Evan; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;10/1/1998, Vol. 123 Issue 16, p15
Presents statistics from a study done by the Nielson Media Research and CommerceNet which indicates that one-third of Americans use the Internet as of September 1998. Increase seen in last nine months; Findings suggesting that twice as many men make purchases online.
- ONLINE USERS ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR CONTENT. Latchem, John // Home Media Magazine;1/11/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on the result of the Nielsen survey on Internet users in fall 2009 that showed that many consumers are willing to pay for online content or support an increase in advertising to cover the costs. Generally, the services that users are more willing to pay include music, movies,...
- Results. L.K. // American Libraries;Oct98, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p23
Presents the results of studies on the Internet and libraries for October of 1998. Nielsen study on Internet usage; Study headed by Robert Kraut of Carnegie Mellon University finding that Internet users come away with feelings of isolation and loneliness; Internet Librarian Karen Schneider...
- Surprise! Internet use Increasing. // Public Relations Tactics;Aug99, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p7
Reveals the results of a study by Nielsen Media Research and Commerce Net on the increase of the number of people over 16 years old in North America that are using the Internet. Most popular items for women to buy on the Web; Percentage increase on the number of women who made at least a single...
- TV HOMES IN DECLINE. Litttleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;5/4/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 22, p3
The article focuses on the report of Nielsen that the number of homes in the U.S. with television (TV) sets counts 114.7 million by 2012, a decline from 115.9 million in 2011 which the company attributed to the recession and cord cutting.
- To shop digitally or not is real big deal. PEARSON-MCNEIL, CHERYL // Charlotte Post;11/15/2012, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p5A
The author argues on electronic commerce, in which she says that Nielsen Media Research Inc, reveals that online shopping for consumer packed goods is the fastest growing electronic commerce option.
- Good things come in mall packages. Vernadakis, George // Inter@ctive Week;09/07/98, Vol. 5 Issue 34, p54
Presents information on a survey conducted by Nielsen Media Research and CommerceNet, pertaining to the amount of persons in the United States who use the Internet to shop. Percentage of persons who use the Internet to shop in the US; Identification of the percentage of persons who actually...
- TV households, viewers increase in U.S. Gough, Paul J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/24/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 48, p51
The article reports that according to Nielsen Media Research Inc., despite the pressure from the Internet, there is a slight increase in the number of TV households in the U.S. Nielsen said that there will be 112.8 million TV households in the U.S. on January 1, 2007. Nielsen uses the household...