- Asian programmers sold on convention. Stilson, Janet // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p12
Reports the impact of programming on television shows in Asia. Opinion of Koichi Watanabe, vice president of Liberty Media on program pricing; Percentage of the Sun Television schedule comes from Western media companies; Company performance of ABC station.
- It's like cable's outlet mall. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/4/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the digital television in the U.S. Financial boost on the sales of cable operators; Impact of the unclear situation faced by cable networks on the advertisers; Need for the operators to focus on developing the programming.
- Bulked-Up HGTV Gets N.Y. Digital Berth. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;03/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p30
Reports the agreement between Time Warner Cable and Home & Garden Television (HGTV) in New York, New York. Terms of the deal; Details on the digital cable programming of HGTV; Increase of the programming budget; List of shows slated for primetime; Primetime rating of HGTV.
- Satellite of love. Freeman, Michael // MediaWeek;04/07/97, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p34
Reports on the potential benefits of digital television to television program syndicators in the United States. Delivery of compressed digital video signals; Compression of digital data; Tracking, trafficking, reconciliation and billing of national barter and spot advertising; Conversion to the...
- HD keeps budgets in control, execs say. Freeman, Michael // Daily Variety;6/11/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 46, pA6
Reports on the adoption of digital production of television shows in the U.S. Affordability of the production technique; Cost of single-camera shows; Cost effectiveness of digital production.
- IBM to Run Coupon Program in Transition to Digital TV. Teinowitz, Ira // Television Week;8/20/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p13
The article reports on the decision of IBM to run coupon program in transition to digital television. It adds that the Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications Information Administration (NTIA) has tapped IBM to help manage the government coupon program aimed at helping consumers pay...
- Governments fuelling strong DTV adoption. Mulchand, Sangeeta // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;2/25/2005, p4
The article reports that digital TV (DTV) adoption is expected to show strong growth in Asia-Pacific this year, fuelled by government mandates and committed service providers, according to a study by global market intelligence firm IDC. The forecast is among the top 10 new technology trends the...
- Making the digital cut. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;01/31/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 5, p35
Reports on how the television syndication industry in the United States is preparing for the switch to digital broadcasting. Digital conversion of popular television programs such as `Cheers' and `M*A*S*H'; Plan to make demand the basis for deciding which of the classic television programs to...
- TECH BRIEFS. // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p10
Reports developments on digital television in the United States. Technological innovations of Sony Pictures Digital Entertainment; Features of the personal video recorder.