- Blu-ray Takes Blow as Intel, MS Go with HD DVD. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;10/3/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 40, pN.PAG
This article reports on the reaction of the Blu-ray Disc Association to the announcement that Intel and Microsoft would support the high-definition (HD) DVD Promotion Group and its HD DVD format for next-generation DVD technology as of October 2005. The move by Intel and Microsoft means...
- Microsoft Launches Media Center Edition 2005. Olenick, Doug // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/25/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p1
This article provides information on the Windows Media Center operating system launched by Microsoft Corp. in October 2004. With all the usual hoopla expected of a major Microsoft launch, the company rolled out the third version of its Windows Media Center operating system, called Media Center...
- Wild Blue, Yonder. Ranada, David // Sound & Vision;Apr2002, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p37
Comments on the products for high-definition television (HDTV) introduced at the 2002 Consumer Electronics Show. Blue laser device demonstrated by Panasonic; Features of the laser assembly of Panasonic; D-Theater video format released by JVC.
- Q&A. Masters, Ian G. // Sound & Vision;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p32
Answers several questions on household electronic products in the United States as of February 2001. Suggestion on the selection of a digital high definition television; Position of a satellite dish; Camera scan signal in high definition televisions.
- Heads up. Chinnock, Chris // Electronic Design;12/14/98, Vol. 46 Issue 28, p48D
Looks at the products released by consumer electronics manufacturers in conjunction with the introduction of high-definition television (HDTV). Incorporation of all digital electronics in addition to set-top boxes; Launching of a 50-inch, rear-projection HDTV at the Consumer Electronics Show in...
- Some Good HDTV Programming News. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/16/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p12
Focuses on the advantages of high definition television programming in the U.S. Broadcast of the college football games; Reorganization of the consumer electronics department; Transmission of digital programming.
- Tokyo finds big trouble in China. Keegan, Terence // Daily Variety;1/5/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 3, pA4
The article reports on the massive base of cheap manufacturing of consumer electronics in China threatening Japan's manufacturing industries. Chinese factories assemble nine out of 10 of the world's DVD players. Now, as the DVD business cools, Sony Corp. and Apple Computer Inc. are tapping...
- Wait 'til you meet my gadget... Frankel, Danial // Daily Variety;1/8/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 6, pA2
The article briefs on various gadgets and technologies that will be unveiled at the Consumers Electronic Show 2007 at Las Vegas. A HDTV port HDMI 1.3 for connecting devices such as Blu-ray players and home theater receivers to digital TVs will be showcased. Introduction of a technology by...
- Samsung, Microsoft Ink HD Xbox Marketing Deal. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/9/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p4
This article reports on the deal between Microsoft Corp. and Samsung Electronics for the marketing of the next-generation Xbox high-definition gaming platform. The announcement was made during media day at the Home Entertainment Expo at the New York Hilton, which was held from April 29 until May...