Wegener Averts A Proxy Confrontation
- How to turn a foe into a friend. // Administrative Professional Today;Feb2014, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p2
The article offers tips when finding oneself in a standoff, such as assessing the situation rationally, accepting the differences in one's beliefs, and creating a space to communicate, adapted from the article "Five Ways to Turn Adversaries into Allies" by Dan Rockwell in the Leadership Freak blog.
- Q TIPS: TIPS FOR QUEER LIVING. Constantine, Andrew // Gay Community News;Nov2006, Issue 203, p35
The article provides tips on how to deal with unnecessary gestures and comments from strangers.
- Back staff away from feuds. // Communication Briefings;Jun2010, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p6
The article offers tips on resolving conflicts such as sharing perspectives, identifying the problem and committing to action steps.
- The congenial colleague. Clarke, Robyn D. // Black Enterprise;Dec99, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p169
Presents tips from author Florence M. Stone on how to gain the emulation of co-workers. Significance of being tactful; Best place for confronting issues; Means of resolving disagreements.
- How to be comfortable with conflict. Papke, Edgar // Office Manager Today;Dec2015, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p5
The article offers advise to leaders on being comfortable with confronting conflicts, which includes facing the fear of conflict, facing the truth and confronting the conflict through positive view and valuing employees and not treating them as resources.
- When and How To Let a Conflict Go. Brett, Jeanne // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;6/10/2014, p2
The article discusses tactics to avoid or break up conflicts in the workplace including remaining calm, defusing an emotional situation by addressing the process instead of the content, and redirecting the conversation from emotions to interests.
- Learning to Appreciate Disagreement at Work. Johnson, Whitney // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;7/6/2016, p2
The author offers ways on how to avoid disagreement or confrontation at work.
- Talk the talk. // Current Health 2;Sep96 Supplement, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p3
Presents review questions with answers and suggested classroom activities from the article `Talk the Talk,' which appeared in the September 1996 issue of American magazine `Current Health 2.' Ways people communicate with one another; Techniques in conflict resolution; Role-play scenarios...
- HOW TO…manage conflict and confrontation. White, Claire; Thornbory, Greta // Occupational Health;Nov2007, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p26
The article offers ideas for occupational health (OH) practitioners on managing conflict and confrontation. Conflict and confrontation often occur together. There are differing views on the best way to manage conflict, but there is a consensus that each situation is different. OH practitioners...