- MediaFLO makes room for X Games. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;7/21/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p20
The article reports that ESPN and MediaFLO USA Inc. launched a dedicated channel to bring X Games coverage to mobile users. EXPN, as the offering is dubbed, will deliver content around the clock to subscribers of AT&T Mobile TV and Verizon Wireless' Vcast video service, both of which are powered...
- Trend: Mobile-TV apps profiting from televised events networks paid billions to cover. McMahon, Franklin // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;4/17/2012, p8
The article focuses on the trend of second-screen engagement, wherein mobile-television (TV) applications can profit from televised events paid and covered by networks, as of April 2012. The concept involves having a second screen running while one is watching TV, typically on a mobile-TV device...
- ESPN BOWS 'TV EVERYWHERE' HOW-TO VIDEO. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p8
The article offers information on a promotional spot aired by ESPN which explains how authenticated viewers can watch repurposed sports programming on laptops, tablets and related portable media devices.
- XTREME TV. Kapko, Matt // RCR Wireless News;7/30/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p9
The article reports on the launch of the EXPN channel on the mobile broadcast TV service of MediaFLO USA Inc. Verizon Wireless and ESPN teamed up with MediaFLO to launch the channel that would give viewers live feed from the X Games beginning August 2, 2007. The offering will be available...
- ESPN's hare-raising Ryder Cup deal recalled. Verdi, Bob // Golf World;2/22/2008, Vol. 61 Issue 26, p56
The author reflects on the deal of ESPN, a television network, to broadcast the Ryder Cup matches at the Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia. He comments on the re-entry of the network into the sport that once covered the Professional Golfers' Association of America Tour. The author states...
- ESPN collates content to create major sports portal. // New Media Age;8/6/2009, p06
The article focuses on the campaign of sports network ESPN for ESPN.co.uk following its purchase of Premier League rights in Great Britain in 2009. The media campaign for ESPN.co.uk will include contents from ESPNsoccernet as well as from ESPNcricinfo. ESPN aims to put additional content to the...
- ESPN sets records for following USA. Bauder, David // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/25/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 149, p12
The article reports on the claims of ESPN that its website streaming of the World Cup victory of USA against Algeria has garnered 1.1 million viewers in New York.
- A JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF SPORTS. Broderick, Matthew // Boys' Life;Jun2013, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses sports channel ESPN's production of "SportsCenter" television (TV) show and narrates the global meeting for the day's coverage, the "SporstCenter" staff meeting, and the activities at the ESPN Newsroom.
- No scholarships, no TV--Kean U. No.3 in preseason poll. Legman, Lois // New York Amsterdam News;11/13/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 47, p46
The article reports on Kean University in Union, New Jersey, which was ranked as the third in the USA Today Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) Division III Top 25 Coaches Poll. Starting point guard Ebony Jackson said that the team will not get big heads over the lofty...