Fox News and Time Warner Do Business
- PrideVision gets OUT. Henderson, Paul // Xtra (Toronto);3/31/2005, Issue 533, p10
Reports on the launch of gay-oriented cable television station OUTtv from PrideVision TV. Details of the channel's programming and distribution deals; Forecast on potential increase in revenue due to the company's re-programming efforts; Information on its pay channel HARD TV which features...
- The News Triangle. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/31/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 30, p13
This article reports on the competition between cable television networks in North Carolina in attracting audience through its expanded news products and advanced digital offerings. Stations WRAL and WRAZ offers news in high-definition and programming on digital channels. WNCN has opened a new...
- Pocono Country. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 15, p15
Examines the cable television market in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania as of April 12, 2004. History of cable television in Wilkes-Barre; Television revenue of the region; Significance of television stations to the economy of the region.
- LOCAL LISTINGS. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;06/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p43
Presents news about local television and cable stations in the United States recent as of June 2001. Time Warner's cable news channel Bay News 9 in Tampa, Florida; Spanish-language station KWHY-TV in Los Angeles; Coverage of the mayoral campaigns in Los Angeles by three stations; WHSL-TV St. Louis.
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p21
Presents findings of Nielsen Media Research on the performance of U.S. cable television industry as of June 23, 2003. Television revenue in million dollars; Rank of various commercial television stations according to the total number of households covered by them; Percentage of cable penetration.
- Beta rates nets by `perceived value'. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p16
Discusse the survey ranking the value and importance of cable networks among operators. Networks ranking highest include Cable News Network, Discovery Channel, ESPN, Lifetime Television and the Weather Channel; Average perceived value among affiliates; Networks opposed to the study's findings;...
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/6/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p13
Presents a list of the television broadcasting market in Atlanta, Georgia. Commercial television stations; Cable television market.
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/22/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 34, p11
Presents an overview on the television broadcasting and cable television markets in the U.S. as of August 22, 2005. Total population of the market; Estimated television revenue; Commercial television stations; Percentage of cable penetration; Major cable operators.
- Is Fox doing the business? Atkinson, Claire // Advertising Age;6/5/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 23, p45
The article comments on the cable television carriage deals of Fox with cable operators and with News Corp. sibling company DirecTV. It states the importance for Fox of forging a deal with Time Warner in line with the significance of the Manhattan, New York market. It relates speculations on...