MTV Heats Online 'Stew'
- Riding the Kids Wave. Grebb, Michael // Multichannel News;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p36
The article deals with broadband videos for children developed by cable television networks in the U.S. An overview of the broadband site of Nickelodeon called TurboNick is given. MTV Network has launched its first broadband service for college students titled mtvU Ober. Details of the broadband...
- Ãœber - Duper: MTV Nets Launch 1st Wholly Broadband Channel. // CableFAX Daily;10/11/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 197, p1
This article provides information on mtvU Uber, which is the first broadband channel launched by MTV Networks. MTV general manager Stephen Friedman offered a statement on the broadband channel. MTV has broadband networks that offer video clips and original content. Cisco Systems is partnering...
- MTV Goes Into Overdrive. Shields, Mike // MediaWeek;4/11/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the launch of the MTV Overdrive hybrid television channel by MTV Networks for broadband users on April 25, 2005. Services offered by the television channel; Advertisers on the television channel; Goal of the television channel.
- VH1 Classic Gears for Launch. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;05/01/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p5
Reports on United States-based cable television company MTV Networks' plan to launch its VH1 Classic cable television network as of May 1, 2000. Features of the cable television network; Company's plan to use the network to promote broadband Internet technology.
- 'Love' rules at VH1. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;10/18/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 13, p5
The "Flavor of Love 2" is declared as the most watched episode in VH1 series. The 90 minute series on sunday attracted around 7.5 million viewers and a 4.9 million in the 18-49 demo. The channel's viewership grew 11% in primetime and 4% in total-day and is ranked fourth among basic cable nets....
- MTV makes move on older target with VH1. Hille, Alfred // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;8/8/2003, p9
MTV Networks has expanded into an older demographic segment following the debut of its second channel VH1 in Asia-Pacific region. VH1, which targets people aged 25 to 44 compared with 15 to 34 for MTV, has initially launched in Thailand with a 24-hour channel on the UBC cable platform. Jessica...
- International: Newsline... Nuvich, Alexandra; McClure, Steve; Bhushan, Nyay; Tilli, Robbert; Pride, Dominic; Sexton, Paul // Billboard;10/03/98, Vol. 110 Issue 40, p60
Offers news briefs on the international music industry for the week of October 3, 1998. Figures for legitimate music sales in Malaysia; Tokyo-based Music Channel Inc. announces it will no longer be Music Television (MTV) Networks' Japanese licensee; MTV India accused of showing disrespect to...
- Distribution is the hang-up. J.H. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 18, p6
Reports the plan of installing a gay cable network from Showtime and MTV. Company operation on films and stuff; Management scheme on cable operators; Improvement of the programming systems.
- F Y I. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/19/2005, Issue 908, p28
Reports that LOGO, a gay and lesbian network from MTV Networks, is launching on June 30, 2005 to mover ten million subscribers in the United States.