Turnaround for Cable Stocks in 2006
- Comcast First to Launch 'Showtime Anytime' // Multichannel News;11/1/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p32
The article reports on the launch of authentication-based broadband service for television series and movies by Comcast Corp. in 2010.
- Op Quartet Backs 'Madness' Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p56
Reports on the decision of College Sports Television (CSTV) to enlist some multisystem operators teammates to promote its exclusive streaming-video package of the National Collegiate Athletic Association men's basketball tournament in the U.S., as of March 2005. List of companies that will...
- Investor anxiety hounds cable. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/19/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 34, p6
Focuses on the views of shareholders on the financial conditions of the cable industry in the U.S. Percentage decrease of stock prices; Comment Cox Communications chief executive officer James Robbins on the issue; Recognition of Comcast as the best-performing cable stock.
- 2012: A Good Year to Be in Cable. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;12/24/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 48, p30
The article offers information on the increase in stocks report of the cable television industry of the U.S. in 2012. It mentions that the multiple system operators, an operator of multiple cable television systems, raised its business by 40 percent. It further represents the expectation of...
- Telco TV: VoIP, huh? Boom! In your face! B. R. S. // CED;Dec2007, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p24
The article reports on the impact of competition from the telecommunication on the cable industry's video and broadband subscriber statistics and stock prices in the third quarter of 2007 in the U.S. According to Comcast, competition from Verizon's FiOS and AT&Tâ€™s U-verse began biting...
- Sub Losses Whack Cable Firms. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p3
The article reports on the dismal performance of cable companies in the U.S. Industry leader Comcast reported 65,000 basic-customer losses, losing 11% of its stock price on October 25, 2007. Other publicly traded cable companies also reported across-the-board basic subscriber losses in the third...
- Sowing and Reaping. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;06/12/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p54
Discusses the market performance of the cable industry in the United States. Decline in the prices of cable stocks; Charter Communications Inc.'s `Charter Digital Cable' initiative.
- Cable stox buoyed on Charter's news. Diorio, Carl // Daily Variety;08/18/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 54, p4
Reports on the rise in prices of cable television stocks in the United States during the third week of August 2000. Positive outlook for Charter Communications Inc.'s digital-cable rollout; Improvement in Charter's stock price.
- Comcast's Interconnect Crescendo. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p6D
Describes the advertising efforts of Comcast Corp. following its AT&T Broadband integration in 2003. Market share of Comcast; Benefits of its integration service to cable operators; Recruitment of advertising agencies Adtag and Adcopy.