- Fox Espanol gets World Series. Sporich, Brett // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/8/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on sports cable network Fox Sports World Espanol's acquisition of rights to the 2001's Major League Baseball playoffs and World Series. Proposal to produce comprehensive coverage of the playoffs; On-air graphics and audio packages.
- Baseball now take swing at revenues. Walsh, Thomas // Variety;4/10/95, Vol. 358 Issue 10, p23
Reports on the prospects to television programmers and advertisers of the end of the strike by Major League baseball players. Potential for disenchantment among advertisers and audiences; Sales goals by ABC-NBC partnership Baseball Network.
- ESPNU's Dish Upgrade Unrelated to Suit. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;10/5/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p6
The article reports on the decision of Dish Network Corp. to move ESPNU from the Classic Gold 250 package to Classic Bronze 100 line-up. It states that ESPNU was moved from channel 148 to channel 141. According to ESPN, the decision is unrelated to the settlement of pending lawsuits. An overview...
- ESPN Retools for Baseball. // TV Technology;4/6/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on the revision of ESPN's baseball broadcast and statistics presentation in the U.S. It mentions that the Diamond Track and Virtual Pitch applications as well as a Major League Baseball (MBL) Depth Chart were used in presenting information on baseball. Furthermore, the...
- Dish Adds FIFA Net From Univision. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p20
The article reports on the launch of Dish Network Corp.'s sports television channel Univision FIFA World Cup Channel, which caters to the network's Hispanic viewers.
- 10: Back9network In Play On Directv. // Golf World;9/29/2014, Vol. 68 Issue 14, p16
The article focuses on the scheduled launch of Back9Network, a television network focusing on golf, on channel 262 of DirecTV Inc. in the U.S. According to the network's president Carlos Silva, golf is more than a professional game which one can enjoy with one's family and friends. The network...
- Tennis Channel, DirecTV in Agreement. LaFayette, Jon // Television Week;4/16/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p6
The article reports on a carriage agreement signed by Tennis Channel with DirecTV that nearly doubles the network's distribution to 17 million homes. DirecTV will preview Tennis Channel during the French Open from May 27 to June 10, 2007 to all of its 16 million subscribers. During the Open,...
- Sports Deals. // CableFAX Daily;4/4/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 64, p1
Reports on sports broadcasting deals signed by different U.S. television and cable networks for the 2006 baseball season. FSN West and Los Angeles Angels baseball team; DirecTV and RSN.
- DirecTV Sky-High on Hi-Def. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/30/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p16
The article deals with the switch of the satellite operator DirecTV to high-definitions (HD) strategy. DirecTV is betting big on HD by initiating satellites that will allow bandwidths for HD channels. Eric Shanks, vice president of entertainment, urged that networks must make the transition to...