VH1 Pair Delivers Phat Nielsen Numbers
- Dear Diary, Farewell. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/17/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 28, p26
Reports on the plan of Nielsen Media Research to convert its paper-based market system into electronic measurement by 2011. Support provided by Nextar Broadcasting's Senior VP Brian Jones to the plan; Expansion of Nielsen's local people meter to measure demographic data daily; Wireless meter...
- People Who Don't Need People. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/15/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the decision of television rating company Nielsen to delay the phase-in of its digital people meter, a tool that measures specific shows rather than channels, as of March 2004. Information on the early model used by Nielsen.
- NIELSEN REPORT. // Daily Variety;7/8/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 3, p6
Presents the audience ratings of U.S. television programs determined by Nielsen Media Research from June 28 to July 4, 2004.
- ESPN, Football Sack the Ratings - Again. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p18
The article reports that ESPN is leading the primetime competition during the week from September 25 to October 1, 2006 in the U.S. According to an analysis by Disney ABC Cable Network on Nielsen Media Research data, ESPN collected an average of 2.8 household rating to beat USA Network and...
- Making a case before meters debut. Freeman, Michael // MediaWeek;05/11/98, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p20
Discusses the outlook of affiliate and emerging television networks in Jacksonville, Florida for Nielsen Media Research's rollout of overnight meter ratings. Prelaunch sales pitches made to advertising buyers; Implications of overnight metering for television networks; Benefits seen for...
- Boomers flex their muscles outside trad demo derby. Lowry, Brian // Variety;7/31/2006, Vol. 403 Issue 10, p14
The article discusses issues related to the television industry in the U.S. Since Nielsen switched to People Meters in the nineteen eighties, the predominance of the 18-to-49 age bracket as primary currency of television has so become entrenched its rationale is no longer discussed. News ratings...
- Boston brouhaha. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;01/24/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p22
Reports on television ratings research firm Nielsen Media Research's plan to introduce its peoplemeter research technology in Boston, Massachusetts, as of January 24, 2000. Area-based television broadcasting executives' concerns regarding the planned introduction of the technology.
- New Orleans Rates Again. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;7/9/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p2
The article reports on the recovery of television ratings in New Orleans, Louisiana in July 2007 nearly two years after Hurricane Katrina devastated the city. The Nielsen Media Research Inc. profile of the city shows it is smaller and very different demographically. According to a Nielsen...
- People's Choice. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/01/99, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p40
Presents the broadcast network prime-time ratings for the period January 18-24, 1999 in the United States, according Nielsen Media Research.