A Cable-Modem Trial Offer
- THE DEMOS. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/23/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 8, p13
Presents data on households with cable modems in the U.S. as of February 2004. Percentage of Hispanic population who have cable modems; Ratio of households that owned broadband connections; Percentage of households that own foreign car.
- Short Order. Shields, Mike // MediaWeek;4/10/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p54
The article focuses on the growing trend toward broadband video content among cable television networks in the U.S. CNN is producing a multicamera subscription-based online news product. Lifetime is planning to expand its broadband offering through its Lifetime Video Lounge and release a new...
- Bewkes Unveils 'HBO Go' Online. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p6
The article reports on the introduction of HBO Go, a broadband complement to the premium network subscribers only. It mentions that subscribers would access the broadband through their cable provider's web site. It states that from their, they would be able to view movies and series and set up...
- VOLUME CONTROL. // Multichannel News;3/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p16
Offers several views on issues related to cable services in the U.S. Observation of Joseph Lazlo of Jupiter Research on the broadband market in the U.S.; Explanation of Andrew Li on the benefits of replacing Verizon phone service with Cablevision's Optimum Voice; Result of too much cable channels.
- ACA: New Regs Could Push Fees Up 400% for Rural Operators. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/23/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p62
The article reports on the statement from the American Cable Association (ACA) regarding the higher cost of broadband resulting from untethered pole attachment rates in the U.S.
- CABLE'S CONNECTION. Goetzl, David // Advertising Age;4/8/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 14, p15
The article reports on the impact of broadband Internet connection on cable television broadcasting. One of the opportunities presented by broadband to cable Web sites is the ability to do some sort of pay-per-view/video-on-demand services without programming. However, broadband has yet to...
- P2P PART 2: GOOD, BAD ON BYTE CAPS. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p36
Examines the solution to problems created by peer-to-peer (P2P) network traffic on cable television's broadband infrastructure. Condition by which P2P could happen; Result of an overflow of bytes from broadband Internet; Limitation of tiering and byte caps in solving P2P problems.
- Tucson-area television service providers. // Inside Tucson Business;8/27/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Reports the ranking of television service providers based on the number of subscribers in Tucson, Arizona. Number of channels handled; Price of basic services on a monthly basis; Parent companies of the service providers.
- NETWORK SUBSCRIBER COUNTS. // Multichannel News;12/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p28A
Lists cable networks and their number of subscribers under categories of basic services, pay services and regional basic services as of December 2002. Cable system affiliates and subscribers of A&E Network; Alternate distribution subscribers and total subscribers of ABC Family.