Comcast Enters Sinclair's Jungle, Mediacom on Spot
- CARRIAGE. Moss, Linda; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/29/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the impact of the dispute between Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) and Mediacom Communications Corp. as Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. decided to cut a retransmission-consent deal with TWC in the U.S. On January 19, 2007, TWC closed a new agreement with Sinclair on its carriage...
- Cable Net Start Year With New Deals. // Multichannel News;2/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the carriage deals created by several cable television networks as of February 7, 2005. Renewal of the contract of Showtime Networks Inc. with Mediacom Communications Corp.; Extension of the deal between Time Warner Cable and Univision Communications Inc.; Launch of a college and...
- WCNY starts cable channel. Grossman, Naomi // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;5/13/96, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p1
Reports on WCNY-TV's agreement to provide full-time cable programming on Time Warner Cable in Central New York. Expansion in cable television service; Comments from company officials; Public service broadcasting.
- Comcast, Sinclair Agree On Retrans. Bednarski, P. J. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/12/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p22
The article reports a contract agreement between cable systems operator Comcast Corp, and Sinclair Broadcast Group for the retransmission rights for Sinclair's local television station signals. The two parties are cited giving conflicting accounts of the deal's terms. Comcast declared it had not...
- Time Warner moving ahead to big battle satellite TV. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);5/3/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p1
Discusses the plan of Time Warner Cable to launch a 24-hour news channel in 2002. Background on the company; Information on the company's studio in Syracuse, New York; Details on the hiring plans of the company.
- Call pitfalls? Cablers, webs debate ads' value. Diuguid, Carol // Variety;03/03/97, Vol. 366 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the debate between cable operators and cable television stations concerning advertisements urging subscribers to call their cable provider to include certain television networks. Cable operators' claim that the ads create a false demand for the channels; Networks' claims concerning...
- SBS files to fill Swiss TV holes. Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;07/13/98, Vol. 371 Issue 9, p32
Reports on the application of Scandinavian Broadcasting System (SBS) to launch a German-language cable channel in Switzerland. Information on the cable channel launched; Joint-venture plans of SBS with TA-Media Group; Synergy targets of SBS in television advertising.
- Cable out-rates networks in prime. // MediaWeek;10/9/95, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p3
Reports that prime time ratings of cable networks in the United States surged higher than television networks in the third quarter of 1995.
- TV stations and cable systems agree. Rodriguez, Sandra D. // Caribbean Business;10/7/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p44
Reports on the agreement between cable television systems and television stations operating in Puerto Rico regarding stations' request for compensation for the right to broadcast their signal. Effect of the United States' congressional approval of the Cable Television Consumer Protection and...