EchoStar Win In DVR Row
- Power Shift. Seidenberg, Steven // InsideCounsel;Aug2010, Vol. 22 Issue 223, p24
The article discusses a court case wherein a Federal Circuit Court may approve contempt proceedings for allegations of repeat infringement in the case of TiVo v. EchoStar Corp. Legal experts argue that a ruling on contempt proceedings may increase adjudged acts of infringement and prevent...
- APPEALS COURT STAYS $103 MILLION TIVO AWARD. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;6/8/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p24
The article reports on the temporary stay issued by the Federal Appeals Court in Washington to the order in TiVo's ongoing patent infringement litigation with EchoStar Communications. A total of $103 million in damages plus interest was awarded by a federal judge to TiVo. TiVo alleged that...
- EchoStar pauses TiVo's stop order. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter;6/4/2009, Vol. 410 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that EchoStar appealed a judge's decision that its software workaround still infringes patents held by TiVo Inc. EchoStar asked and received a temporary stay on an order issued a day earlier that it must, within 30 days, disable more than 4 million digital video tape...
- Appeals Court Blocks Tivo Injunctions Against Echostar. // Satellite News;8/21/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the decision by the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia to temporarily block an injunction issued by a U.S. district court judge in Texas that ordered Echostar Communications Corp. to halt the use and sale of digital video recorders that infringed on...
- TiVo files suit to save patent. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;1/6/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 4, p6
Reports on a patent infringement lawsuit filed by TiVo against EchoStar. Details of the lawsuit; Use of Time Warp technology in the United States.
- TiVo's Patents Withstand Scrutiny. Miller, Julie // InsideCounsel;Jun2006, Vol. 16 Issue 175, p86
Reports that TiVo won a jury verdict against EchoStar Communications Corp. for patent infringement on April 13, 2006. Response of TiVo to the decision; Number of patents being held by the company; Plan of TiVo to seek a permanent injunction against digital video recording products of EchoStar.
- COURT: ECHOSTAR CONTINUES TO INFRINGE UPON TIVO'S DVR PATENT. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/25/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p10
The article reports on a U.S. Court of Appeals' ruling on April 20, 2011 that EchoStar continued to infringe upon the digital video recorder patents of TiVo.
- TiVo Zaps Dish on Patent. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;3/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p3
The article discusses a court case wherein the plaintiff's patents were infringed. The patent of TiVo Inc. were infringed by the company Echostar and Dish Network Corp. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit denied the request of Dish Network to overturn a lower court ruling. TiVo...
- EchoStar wins round over TiVo. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter;7/2/2009, Vol. 410 Issue 24, p12
The article presents information on a patent court case between TiVo and EchoStar. TiVo and EchoStar have been fighting the patent battle for nearly six years, with TiVo awarded about $207 million so far due to patent infringements. EchoStar is appealing the latest $103 million judgment against...