Schleiff's Hallmark: Getting Deals Done
- Old-Skewing Net Slates a Facelift. Hibberd, James // Television Week;10/16/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p4
The article reports on the plan of Henry Schleiff, the newly appointed CEO of Hallmark Channel, for the cable network. The network carries an internationally known brand and is ranked 10th in prime time among advertisement-supported basic cable networks in overall viewers in the U.S. He aims to...
- Hallmark Eyes $250M In '08. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/31/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p8
The article reports that Hallmark Channel is targeting a 20 percent run-up in advertising sales for 2008. The cable network has been encouraged by continual ratings improvement, the growing buying power of its baby-boomer audience and an expanded slate of television films. The article also...
- Court TV puts 10 on docket. DEMPSEY, JOHN // Daily Variety;3/29/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 64, p5
The article reports on the debut of ten new weekly series on Court TV's primetime schedule between March 31, 2006 and the end of the year. Court TV has decided to renew 12 other shows. According to Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Henry Schleiff, Court TV's content focuses on real people...
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...
- Looking for a Prediction? I'll Give You Ten of Them. Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p18
Comments on the possible improvement of cable television broadcasting. Plan of the National Football League for a cable option for football games; Advances in cable television receivers and recorders.
- Let's get digital. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR28
Discusses the status of the cable television industry with the launching of high-technology services as of June 2001. Views on the customer services of cable operators; Popularity of digital cable; Information on video-on-demand; Importance of digital and high-speed data. INSET: Smooth operators.