Noggin, Time Warner Put on 'Big' Show
- SEEKING SUBS. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;2/17/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on how the acquisition of Time Warner Cable by media company Comcast is an attempt by the latter to circumvent ongoing subscriber losses and address rising content costs, as of February 2014.
- Austin adopts one-man-band. Pescatore, Mark J // TVB Europe;Jun99, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p18
Unveils the plan of Time Warner Cable to provide local news to its subscribers in Austin, Texas. Schedule of launching its News 8 Austin television channel; Comments from Harlan Neugeboren, director of engineering and technology for Time Warner.
- Beacon 2004 Finalists: MEDIA. // Multichannel News;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p31A
Presents information on the 2004 Golden Beacon Award finalists with public-affairs projects aimed at the media. Spinning Our Image on a Dime by Cox Communications Northern Virginia in Fairfax County, Virginia; Stop and Smell the Roses by Time Warner Cable/Nebraska Division; The P.O.W.E.R....
- Stop! In the Name of the FCC. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;10/27/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 40, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Media Bureau has stopped the reviews of mass media industry mergers including both the Comcast-Time Warner Cable and AT&T-DirecTV due to the issue of third-party access to programming contracts.
- 2010 Most Influential Minorities in Cable: Regional Executives. // CableFAX Magazine;Sep2010, p30
The article profiles the top regional minority executives in cable in 2010. It features Chuck Harris of Time Warner Cable Inc. who led the expansion of more than 100 high-definition (HD) channels on Time Warner Cable system. It also mentions Gary McCollum of Cox Communications Inc. who served as...
- Raleigh-Durham, N.C. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;11/28/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p11
The article presents information on the mass media market in the Raleigh-Durham area in North Carolina. The WRAL-TV station has become known for community involvement and has been the title sponsor of the annual Raleigh Christmas Parade. Time Warner Cable is the main cable service provider,...
- Beacon 2004 Finalists: CUSTOMERS. // Multichannel News;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p16A
Presents information on the 2004 Golden Beacon Award finalists with public-affairs projects aimed at customers. 2003 Comcast Value Sports in El Segundo, California, by Comcast Southern California; Cable Challenge in San Diego, California, by Time Warner Cable-San Diego; Digital Express in...
- Beacon 2004 Finalists: GOVERNMENT. // Multichannel News;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p28A
Presents information on the 2004 Golden Beacon Award finalists with public-affairs projects aimed at the government. Wheel of Fortune Employee Campaign in Phoenix, Arizona, by Cox Communications; Adopt-A-Waterway in Miramar, Florida, by Comcast; Building Technological Buzz in Southeast Texas in...
- FATES & FORTUNES. Alleyne, P. Llanor // Broadcasting & Cable;11/4/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p32
Reports on appointments made in the U.S. mass media as of November 3, 2002. Appointments made at Time Warner Cable Inc.; Promotion of Liz Kalodner at New York City-based Sesame Workshop; Official who has been named national regional vice president at Chicago, Illinois-based Clear Channel Radio...