- DIGITAL REVOLUTION TO BE TELEVISED. Miller, Steve // Brandweek;6/16/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 24, pS028
The article discusses the U.S. digital technology industry in 2008. Topics include high-definition televisions, sales of consumer devices involving global positioning system navigation, and the mobile phone market. Statistics are presented indicating the rise in sales of liquid crystal display...
- High-def TV buyers, beware. // Medical Economics;3/3/2006, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the results of the survey regarding the buyers of high definition television sets in the U.S. According to the survey, 50 percent of those who purchased high-definition television sets are not taking full advantage of the technology. Fourteen percent of the respondents...
- This really was the week that was. Martin, Kymberly // Tech Trader;Sep2011, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including a preview of Christmas attractions for customers in the Gift Guide, the latest global positioning system (GPS) devices, and big screen televisions.
- Corporate meeting rooms become high-tech wonders. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p20A
The article discusses how corporations and hotels are integrating high definition and videoconferencing technologies into their boardrooms and meeting spaces. Other high technology systems are already available for both the business and hospitality sectors including digital signage displaying...
- Modern Marvels. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;2/25/2005, Vol. 86 Issue 19, p2
Focuses on the technological advances of the last 25 years. Average weight of cell phones in 1980; Year in which the Internet started operating; Quality of high-definition televisions.
- The impact of HD growth. Bravin, Michael // TVB Europe;Sep2004, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p37
Reports on the impact of the growth pattern of High Definition (HD) technology. Lead of the European market in the use of HD; Bearing of HD in the television and traditional film; Role of IBC 2004 in the vision of HD.
- FLAT PANEL AND HIGH DEFINITION TELEVISIONS. Buckstead, Jake // Hospitality Upgrade;Spring2005, p44
Provides information for hotelkeepers regarding purchasing flat panel and high definition televisions for hotels in the U. S. Picture quality of a higher resolution television; Importance of proper installation of flat panel televisions inside hotel rooms; Role of television vendors,...
- WHAT'S NEW: RESIDENTIAL TECHNOLOGY. // Sound & Video Contractor;Sep2005, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p93
Evaluates several residential technologies, introduced in the U.S. market in September 2005. Ambienti in-wall loudspeakers from Angstrom; 72 series of plasma high definition television from Samsung; VIA Valet6.4 color liquid crystal display touchpanel from Elan.
- Thunderdome: '... two men enter, one man leaves ...'. Schwaninger Jr., Robert H. // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug99, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the United States Federal Communications Commission's efforts to cure every possible source of interference. Impact of the proposal to operate high definition television channel 14 in several cities; Expected tidal wave of electronic noise; Interference from Global Positioning System...