THIS JUST IN
- NICHE PIX IN DEMAND. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;2/11/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 52, p4
Reports on the creation of two specialized channels by pay-per-view distributor In Demand in the U.S. Movies under each channel; Availability of the two channels; Plans for other genre services if the experiment works.
- In Demand Readies New Barker Channels. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p26
Reports on developments related to United States-based pay-per-view television company In Demand as of April 3, 2000. Company's plan to launch digital television channels.
- In Demand Draws Fire From Small Ops. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p39
Reports that United States-based cable television companies are frustrated with In Demand's inability to deliver pay-per-view (PPV) movies as of October 2, 2000. Background on In Demand's PPV dispute with movie studios.
- In Demand Loves In-Car NASCAR Cameras. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p8
Reports on the decision of entertainment company In Demand to commit all seven of its National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) pay-per-view channels to in-car footage. Decision to keep NASCAR free from commercials; Availability of remote controls to provide easier navigation...
- 'Hal' takes '02 PPV crown. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/13/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the popularity of the film 'Shallow Hal' in the pay-per-view (PPV) television market in the U.S. for the year 2002. Services delivered by In Demand LLC; Lack of impact of PPV revenue on DVD and video rental sales.
- In Demand bumps PPV for high-def. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/4/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 21, p5
Reports on the launching of high-definition television networks by In Demand company in the U.S. Effect of the television networks on pay-per-view channels; Schedule of the launching; Program of high-definition channels as digital basic-cable networks.
- The Artist demands attention. Umstead // Multichannel News;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p92
Reports on music performer The Artist's (formerly known as Prince) plan to play pay-per-view exclusively on New Year's Eve with the launch of In Demand. Cable operators' efforts to add value to their service; Marketing requirements.
- Ops could keep `Bots' revenue. // Multichannel News;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p24
Announces that In Demand is offering cable operators 100 percent of pay per view revenues from its January 29 `BattleBots' event if they meet certain requirements. Number of spots required by In Demand; Theme of the event.
- In Demand Is Close To WNBA Package. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p26
Reports on United States-based pay-per-view (PPV) television company In Demand's negotiation with the National Basketball Association (NBA) for the rights to distribute its Women's NBA PPV package as of April 3, 2000. Details of the contract talks.