PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Diverse averse. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/15/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 59, p1A
The article reports on certain issues related to the board of directors of Cablevision Systems Corp. Cablevision appointed former U.S. Attorney Zachary Carter as its board member in October 2006. Carter is the only African American among the 15 directors serving on the board of the company. She...
- ON THE MOVE. // Wireless Week;4/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p38
Presents updates on executive appointments and promotions in the telecommunication industry as of April 15, 2003. Claudine Simson at Motorola; Juan montes at Jamdat Mobile; David Canellos at Cramer Systems.
- FATES & FORTUNES. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p32
Highlights several executive job changes made in different sectors of the U.S. telecommunication industry as of March 3, 2003. Appointment of Elsie B. Garner as president and chief executive officer of television network WTV(TV); Promotion of Kathy Levendoski from account manager to local sales...
- Executive Appointments Continue Unprecendented Climb. Burns, John E. // Industrial Management;Aug65, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the increase in executive appointments in the telephone industry. Increase in marketing appointments; Percentage increase in international appointments.
- The good fight. Connolly, John // New York;9/16/96, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p42
Presents an interview with Zachary Carter, the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York. Those he has prosecuted since his 1993 appointment; Adoption of a low profile; Work with Janet Reno; His higher political aspirations; His feelings on being one of the few...
- Film festival to premiere in Fourth Avenue alley. McCutcheon, Ron // Inside Tucson Business;11/5/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p13
Reports developments related to telecommunication in Tucson, Arizona as of November 2001. Premiere of the Back Alley Film Festival organized by Jersey Boy Productions; Promotion of Kirsten Docekal as the on-air fund- raising manager in the KUAT radio station; Release of the book 'Business...
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p30
Reports career developments of executives and schedules of conferences in the telecommunication industry in the United States as of May 2001. Promotion of Peter Rydell to vice president for technical operations of AMC Networks; Appointment of Barbara Gee as national director of Comcast Cable...
- TELECOM CAREER. // Telecom Asia;May2005, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p38
Reports on career development of executives in the telecommunication sector in Asia. Appointment of Gary Kunis as chief technology officer at Nortel Networks Corp.; Selection of Martin McCourt as president of Gemplus Asia by Gemplus International; Promotion of Simon Leung to the position of...
- BT merges media buying and planning. // Marketing Week;11/29/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p6
Reports on BT Retail's promotion of Grant Millar to the post of head of media. Duties and responsibilities; Merger of the company's media strategy and buying functions into a single unit; Highlights of Millar's career in media buying.