- Clear Channel trims commercials. Rose, Maria Matzer // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/20/2004, Vol. 384 Issue 41, p4
In a move to boost radio advertising rates, radio giant Clear Channel Communications Inc. said that it will reduce promotional interruptions and cut the number of commercials per hour it will sell on its stations. The move by the nation's leading radio broadcaster comes as the company tries to...
- No Clear answer. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/31/2006, Vol. 396 Issue 40, p75
The article reports that Clear Channel Communications Inc.'s stock enjoyed a 10.7% rise in the week preceding October 31, 2006 as talks of its buyout emerged. Merrill Lynch analyst Laraine Mancini estimated private equity groups would pay as much as $41 a share for Clear Channel. Clear Channel...
- The effects of leveraged buyouts. Smith, Abbie // Business Economics;Apr90, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p19
Discusses the impact of leveraged buyouts (LBOs) on the corporate structure. Explosion of LBOs' brought about by economic expansion; Corporate tax savings and LBOs; Ability of firms to sustain postbuyout returns; Reasons behind growth of LBO activity.
- Reverse LBOs. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p46
Presents charts depicting the major leveraged and management buyout companies, leveraged build-ups and selected recapitalizations that went public in the United States, in the period covered from September 1, 1997 to August 31, 1998. Includes reverse leveraged buyouts (LBOs); Biggest winners...
- Who wants to be a millionaire? Gant, Joanna // Director;Dec1997, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p42
Discusses the management buy-outs and buy-ins boom in the United Kingdom. How the availability of funds from venture capital contributes to the trend; Stockmarket performance of buy-out/in companies from July 1, 1996 to June 30, 1997; Top performing management buy-out companies. INSETS: Hello...
- Who wants to be a millionaire? // Marketing Week;6/3/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p3
Discusses the factors affecting a management buyout. Corporate politics; Short- to medium-term profit objectives; Importance of considering shareholder interests.
- Chasing rain-MBOs. Benady, David; Farnham, James // Marketing Week;6/3/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p26
Discusses the economic advantages and disadvantages of a management buyout (MBO). Difference between conventional marketing and marketing in MBOs; Difficulties of finding future MBO opportunities; Factors driving the success of a MBO.
- Auditors are not social pariahs after all. // Accountancy;Aug1997, Vol. 120 Issue 1248, p13
Reports on the interest of managers in buying out their businesses in Great Britain.
- A public to private surge. // Accountancy;Jun99, Vol. 123 Issue 1270, p60
Reports on the management buyouts in Great Britain in the first quarter of 1999, according to the Centre for Management Buyout Research.