McCurry Warns Dems Against Regulation
- Net Neuter. McDonell, Keelin // New Republic;5/29/2006, Vol. 234 Issue 20, p8
The article discusses former White House Press Secretary Mike McCurry, who is coming under criticism by weblog authors for his support of government regulation of the Internet. McCurry joined Public Strategies Washington, a consulting firm that specializes in telecommunications and international...
- OCC Comments on the States. Harmon, Jennifer // National Mortgage News;2/2/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p24
Reports federal regulations of OCC in the U.S.
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;9/6/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 173, p54836
The article offers information on a correction to the Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 400 to 571, is presented.
- Creating uncertainty is a recipe for economic disaster. Ryan, Frank // Central Penn Business Journal;9/16/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p19
In this article, the author discusses the impact of the U.S. government's lack of direction and decision relative to regulations in newly enacted laws on the economy of the nation.
- JOE COOL. Milbank, Dana // New Republic;03/01/99, Vol. 220 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on relationship between the press and White House press secretary Joe Lockhart. Positive and negative points about his personality; Comparison with his predecessor, Mike McCurry; Discussion on Joe's pugnacious style in dealing with the press; Discussion on his handling of questions...
- Inside stories. // Christian Century;5/3/2005, Vol. 122 Issue 9, p32
Interviews Mike McCurry, former press secretary of former U.S. President Bill Clinton and a member of Saint Paul's United Methodist Church in Maryland, about his Christian faith. Lessons learned as a Sunday school teacher and leader in a local church; Instance where he felt that his faith was...
- SUCKING UP. Cooper, Matthew // New Republic;4/15/96, Vol. 214 Issue 16, p10
Examines the relationship of U.S. President Bill Clinton with the press. Significance of the appointment of Mike McCurry as press secretary to journalists; Problems in sharing information about the Clinton family; Views of journalists on the failure of Clinton to reach out to them.
- Clinton spokesman learns ropes as church delegate. Eckstrom, Kevin // Christian Century;6/1/2004, Vol. 121 Issue 11, p16
Describes the role of former U.S. Press Secretary Mike McCurry as a delegate to the United Methodists' General Conference legislative meeting in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 2004. Challenged faced by delegates to the conference; Description of his life as a Sunday school teacher; Views on the...
- Government Contracting AUTHORITY. Smith, Marie J. // Contract Management;Oct2005, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p40
Focuses on the government contracting authority. Discussion of inherent power and duty of the U.S. federal government; Sources of contracting authority; Types of contracting authority; Contract administration offices; Individuals with delegated authorities; Information on ratification.