New Year, New Lineups
- NET'S BARREL OF LAFFS. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;3/22/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 56, p1
The article reports on the move of television cable network TV Land to push two new comedy TV series, "Happily Divorced" and "The Exes," and a second season of "Retired at 35."
- TV Land Pushes Boomer Focus. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;3/26/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 13, p50
The article examines the programming plans of the TV Land cable television network for the 2007-2008 and 2008-2009 television seasons. Programs aimed at the so-called "baby boom" generation are said to be the main focus for the network. Several programs are cited, including "Penny and Cindy," a...
- Nick at Nite a Latin light. De La Fuente, Anna Marie // Daily Variety;1/18/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 13, p7
The article reports that the MTV Networks will launch the latenight television program "Nick at Nite," on Nickelodeon which reaches households in Latin America. Children's channels are the highest rated television shows in the region but its advertising revenues is the least in pay television....
- Revamped sked of family laffers has Nick up at night. Dempsey, John // Variety;12/17/2007, Vol. 409 Issue 5, p25
The author reports on changes which the Nick at Nite television network may by making to its lineup. According to the article, Nick at Nite may change its lineup due to its low viewership in 2006 and the first half of 2007. Reasons for the low viewership are mentioned, including the marketing...
- An Earlier 'Nite' for Nick. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/15/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p32
The article focuses on the announcement of the Nickelodeon Television regarding the rescheduling of its children's programs. The network says that it plans to expand its "Nick at Nite," in order to get viewers between parents and children. Meanwhile, starting July 5, 2009, the network will...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.
- New channels, shows target growing market. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p23
Features cable television networks that offer Hispanic programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Video Rola; HBO Latino; Galavision; GEMS Television; IMas! Arizona; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.