OLDER DEMOS SHOW TECH SAVVY, TOO
- Hitachi pushes hard drive limit to 500Gbytes. // Electronics Weekly;1/12/2005, Issue 2176, p14
The article informs that Hitachi has pushed the limits on hard drive capacity with the release of a 500Gbyte drive due this quarter. A half terabyte drive will debut at the top end of Hitachi's Deskstar range. The 3.5inch drive is aimed at workstations, digital video recorders and other high-end...
- NDS, TNS Tap DVRs For Targeted Ads. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;11/10/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 44, p25
The article offers information on the use of digital video recorders (DVRs) by TNS Media and NDS Corp. TNS Media and NDS Corp. are studying the use of set-top DVRs to deliver targeted advertisements to satellite and cable subscribers. With DVRs, companies will be able to report to advertisers...
- TiVo Brought New Life to Both TV Viewing, Marriage. Bowen, Daniel // Television Week;9/24/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p12
The author emphasizes the benefits of TiVo digital video tape recorder to several couples. He states that the device enables couples to pause television so they can engage in conversation about the plethora of moments they had just watched. Such engagement leads to stimulating dialogue about...
- Chicago firms say `surf's up' in the heartland. Tyson, James L. // Christian Science Monitor;5/15/96, Vol. 88 Issue 119, p3
Reports on the expansion of new media industries in Chicago, Illinois. Advantages of expanding in Chicago; Recruitment of local computer wizards overlooked by other companies; Neoglyphics Media Corp.'s contracts with regional companies; Television advertising.
- Hard-Driving HDTV. Wolpin, Stewart // Sound & Vision;Nov2005, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p24
This article evaluates Maxtor's QuickView Expander and Seagate's DB35 drive and offers information on its technical features including its capacity to increase the storage space of a digital video recorder.
- 3 amazing TiVo tricks! // Women's Health;Nov2008, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p86
The article discusses three TiVo features. TiVo is the pioneer of the digital video recorder (DVR) that provides an electronic television programming schedule, and provides consumers control of their television viewing experience. The article states that users can program their remote to do a...
- We Also Likeâ€¦. // Discover;Dec2010, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p36
The article offers brief information on multimedia electronic products including Tivo Premiere With Netflix and Ford Applink, a Sync voice recognition system upgrade.
- New Hi-Def DVR From Digeo. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/14/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 20, p20
The article reports that Digeo has introduced a high-definition digital video recorder television set-top device. The box, called the Moxi, allows viewers to search across the entire spectrum of video on demand and digital video content, as well as the ability to program home computers to...
- Networks Need a New Tune. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/14/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 20, p34
The author offers opinions on the television network's prime time programming schedules for the 2007-2008 season. The availability of programs aired on the Internet and home digital video recording devices means fewer people are watching programs at their scheduled times. The vast majority of...