Looking for Big Payoffs In Small Latino Markets
- A Slow, Steady Comeback. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;1/13/2002, Vol. 133 Issue 2, p43
Reports on the financial growth of the local television in the Portland-Auburn, Maine market after its economic downturn in year 2000 and 2001. Acknowledgment of the performance of the television market in Maine; Plans for the launch of Fox network programming on WMPX-TV station; Focus on the...
- KQUP adds transmitter to expand. Stewart, Marc // Journal of Business (10756124);5/6/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 10, pA9
Reports on the expansion of the transmitter of KQUP, a television station in Spokane, Washington. Broadcasting of United Paramount Network's programming; Television viewers in Spokane and Kootenai counties; Station ownership by Equity Broadcasting Corp.
- Classics Rock. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/20/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the plans of WNGS, an independent television station owned by Equity Broadcasting, to launch a programming block called Retro Television Network (RTN) which will broadcast classic programs. Station in which RTN will also be aired; Plans of Equity Broadcasting for RTN.
- Equity centralcasts with Omneon and NVersion. Krile, Doug // Broadcast Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p90
Focuses on Equity Broadcasting Corp.'s centralcasting operations which aim to provide a single networked server and automation system. Use of Omneon's MediaServer system and NVerzion's multichannel automation system as the backbone of the centralcasting strategy; Functionality of the broadcast...
- Station Revenues Anemic in '07. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;1/14/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p29
The article reports on the financial performance of television (TV) stations in the U.S. from 2007 to 2008. TV station revenues were $22.2 billion in 2007, down $500 million from $22.7 billion in 2006. However, according to a report from the BIA Financial Network, revenues for 2008 will be...
- Strong TV market begins to cool. // B&T Weekly;4/22/2005, Vol. 54 Issue 2515, special section p6
Reports on the financial performance of the television advertising industry in New Zealand. Percentage of increase in revenue turnover; Competition for the market share and advertising dollars in three television networks; Strategies used by television networks to increase revenue. INSETS: Sky...
- HOLA TO LATIN AUDS. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;9/16/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 53, p5
Reports on the growth of the media business of Univision Television Group Inc. which targets the Hispanic market in the U.S. Increase in the number of television stations operated; Trading status of the company's stock; Competitiveness in the cable television market.
- CCTV clicks on 3 channels in Cuba. de la Fuente, Anna Marie // Daily Variety;2/20/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 32, p8
The article reports that China Central Television has opened three channels in Cuba on February 17, 2008. The move completes a three-phase project of the company that started in November 2004. It is stated that the company has currently expanded its reach from 30,000 hotel rooms to 45,500. It is...
- 8-Year-Old CN8 Won't Stop at 8 Million. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p14
Deals with the continuous expansion of cable operator Comcast Network in October 2004. Percentage of cable subscribers from Washington, D.C., New England, New Jersey and Pennsylvania; Additions to the television programs aired by the operator; Investments in local programming shows in Denver,...