'MNF' Pass to Cable Sets Ratings Record
- NFL Scores In Ratings. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p24
The article reports on the ratings of the National Football League (NFL) shown on ESPN in September 2008 in the U.S. According to Nielsen Media Research Inc., the game of Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings on September 8 was considered as the year's highest rating with 12.5 million...
- High-Powered Offense:. // CableFAX Daily;9/21/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 183, p2
The article reports on the rating of the television program "Monday Night Football" on ESPN. The telecast gained a rating of 10.6 which ranked 2nd in the net history and cable history. Eventhough there were variations in the scores in the game performance of football teams, ESPN averaged 8.99...
- Flat's Not so Bad For NFL's Ratings. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/5/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the television ratings received by National Football League games both in broadcast and cable television in the U.S., in 2003. Average rating of "Monday Night Football," through December 14, 2003; Comparison of ratings with 2002; Performance of cable television network NFL Network.
- Cable May Score More Football. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the possible broadcast of national football games in cable television in the U.S. Possible impact of the cable television broadcast of the National Football League on its ratings; Impact of the expected airing of "Monday Night Football" on ESPN on the advertising revenues of the...
- Advertising Goals at Fox Soccer Channel. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p36
The article reports on the inclusion of Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) to the rating survey of Nielsen Media Research Inc. effective October 1, 2008 in the U.S. The network specializes in soccer such as the Major League, England's Barclays Premier League and Argentine First Division. Executive vice...
- Where the Boys Are. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p30
Focuses on the success of ESPN cable television network in reaching its targeted male audience. Factors which contributed to the increase in ratings and viewership of ESPN cable television network in 2004; Strategy of the network to attract male viewers; Amount of time spent by a U.S. viewer a...
- Wrestling, NFL get cable in headlock. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p3
Reports that professional wrestling and the National Football League football dominated cable ratings in the United States. Cable's recording of its highest primetime audience level; Statistics on audience share; Broadcasting network's recording of the lowest prime-time viewership; Increase in...
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;3/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 56, p2
Focuses on the cable television viewership ratings posted by ESPN network with its World Baseball Classic in the U.S.
- TNT Scores Once Again From Downtown in Q2. // Cable World (10427228);6/30/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the rating of Turner Network Television (TNT) in June 2003. Role of National Basketball Association playoffs in the dominance of the network; Other top-rated cable programs of TNT; Ratings of other television networks.