AT&T Misses TV Target
- Milwaukee Sues Over U-Verse. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by the city of Milwaukee in Wisconsin against AT&T Corp. which seeks to clarify the legal status of its U-Verse TV Internet Protocol Television service. The company first asked for a permit that will allow them to build a tower, which will be used for...
- Web extras. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p33
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication industry in the U.S. The cable industry is being challenged of delivering video over Internet Protocol (IP) networking. Hitachi will sponsor a webinar that will demonstrate the deployment of fiber access technologies that in demand and...
- Small Ops Should Migrate to IP - Today. // Multichannel News;11/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p35
In this article the author enlists several benefits that small cable operators could attain by turning to Internet protocol television (IPTV).
- California Win for Cable. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;10/8/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p22
The article informs that the cable operators of California has won a legislative victory and highlights that the legislation will allow the cable operators to invest in Internet Protocol (IP) based services like voice over Internet protocol.
- Microsoft Inks HBO Go, Bravo and More for Xbox. // Multichannel News;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p14
The article announces the partnership of Microsoft Corp. with content owners and pay television (TV) operators in the U.S. for publicizing its Xbox 360 game console.
- Microsoft Plans for Personalized Ads. Haugsted, Linda; Spangler, Todd; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p47
The article reports on the patent application by Microsoft for a new system that will enable highly-personalized television advertising in the U.S. in 2007. It includes information on the key features and specifications of the new system, as well as its potential market applications in the cable...
- AT&T to spend more on Net TV. Wallenstein, Andrew; Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/8/2007, Vol. 399 Issue 24, p1
The article reports that AT&T Corp. is raising its expenditure on television by more than $1 billion. According to a 10-Q tiled Friday, the telecommunication giant has revised the estimated expenditure for its struggling IPTV offering known as U-Verse for 2007 and 2008. AT&T has reported just...
- 20 Years On, a New Climate. Esser, Pat // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p107
The author reflects on the advancement of the cable industry in 2007 in the U.S. He asserted that for the past 20 years, the industry has grown and has changed due to advanced networks such as video, telephone and broadband Internet services. As stated, there are more than 32 million...
- Cable-TV bill may not suit AT&T. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;5/28/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p3
The article reports on the impact of a new cable-television (TV) bill to AT&T Corp.'s business in Illinois. According to a report from Springfield sources, AT&T is balking at a revised, more pro-consumer bill brokered by attorney general Lisa Madigan. The new bill would create statewide...