Originals Too Pricey For Latino Networks
- TELEPIX STRUGGLE FOR DEMAND. Dempsey, John // Variety;4/8/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 8, p25
Deals with the financing problem facing telepics or television movies in the U.S.. Average deficits of movies made for television; Target number of telepics of ABC in 2002-03; Option facing networks regarding television movies.
- Fox is leader of the TV pack. Rathbun, Elizabeth A. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 16, p39
Reports on Fox Television Stations Inc.'s dominance of `Broadcasting & Cable' magazine's list of the top 25 television groups in the United States, based on number of stations controlled as of April 1999. Percentage of all television stations controlled by the top ten television groups;...
- Fox, affils reach truce on ad plan. Adalian, Josef // Variety;05/31/99, Vol. 375 Issue 3, p26
Reports that Fox Television Stations Inc. and its affiliates have declared a truce in the dispute over the company's plan to take back its commercial inventory.
- OZ NETS SLOW ON DRAMAS. // Daily Variety;12/2/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 40, p9
Reports on the shortfall of the Australian television networks in their drama program spending. Drama program spending quota applied to television channels; Amount of the deficit for drama program spending.
- RTL, United Business bump up Channel 5 coin. Hargreaves-Allen, Christoph // Daily Variety;04/20/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 37, p6
Reports on the 2001 programming budget of the television station Channel 5 (C5) from shareholders RTL and United Business Media (UBM) in London, England. Details on the budget of the firm; Court dispute between UBM and Warner Bros. concerning the deal with C5; Plans of the RTL Group chairman to...
- Finding value in local TV. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p13
Discusses the value of local television stations in the United States. Former CBS president Gene Jankowski's scolding of local broadcasters for selling their `most powerful weapon' in the digital age, their local franchise; Broadcasters' alleged underestimation of the power of their local...
- Still Nasty After All These Years. Case, Tony // MediaWeek;11/11/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 41, p20
Discusses the adversarial relationship between U.S. television broadcast networks and their affiliates. Economic conditions which networks maintain, have forced them to get tougher with affiliates; Competition between American Broadcasting Co. and National Broadcasting Co. Inc.
- The affiliate shuffle, continued. JAZ; SC // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p15
Reports on alliances and defections of television station affiliates with television broadcasting networks. CBS Inc.'s agreement with WOIO in Cleveland; NBC's alliance with KPRC-TV in Houston, Texas and WDIV in Detroit, Michigan; NBC's discussion with its affiliate board on new contracts aimed...
- Web Polling Makes Viewers Feel Involved. Callahan, Sean // Television Week;7/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p30
Reports on the ways in which U.S. television stations use their interactive Web polling functionality as of July 21, 2003. KSTP-TV; KDKA-TV; WCCB-TV; KYW.