MALONE BOOSTS LIBERTY'S DISTRIBUTION PORTFOLIO
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- DirecTV Adds Russian, Vietnamese Networks. Martinez, Laura // Multichannel News;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p18
The article announces that DirecTV has added to its WorldDirect international service the foreign networks such as Vietnamese Honvietv and Russia's TV Nanny. Due to increasing number of immigrants, cable operators think of ways to be of service to them and thus it was conceptualized. Honvietv...
- Cable TV Loses Ground. // TV Technology;1/5/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on data from TVB.org which found that wired-cable penetration of American television (TV) households has declined as consumers tend to shift to alternative delivery systems.
- Operators' Hispanic Strategies. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;9/29/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 35, pA8
The article discusses the strategies employed by the top five multichannel video program distributors in the U.S. in targeting the Hispanic viewers. Among the operators included are Comcast, DirecTV and Dish Network. Topics covered include the operators' Hispanic video-on-demand (VOD), high...
- Sports Surcharges Surging Across Pay TV. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;2/25/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 8, preceding p9
The article offers information that Cablevision Systems Corp. will pay 2.98 U.S. dollars as an additional monthly fee to overcome the rising cost of sports programming. It mentions other multichannel firms that implemented a surcharge including DirectTV LLC. and FiOS TV (television) by the...
- Fees to Pay Bill Over Phone Are Common, Even in Cable. // Multichannel News;1/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on the issue concerning fees for payments online or over the phone which has become a standard practice among telecommunications providers including cable companies.
- Fate, and the Flip of a Coin. STEINERT-THRELKELD, TOM // Multichannel News;2/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p38
The author reflects on the state of small cable television system operators in the U.S. He noted that these operators in the nation face many challenges especially that they do not know whether they will change the business or just totally get out of it. Their stability is confronted by the...
- Why Bundling Doesn't Work Anymore. GRIMES, WARREN // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p41
In this article, the author comments on the declining trend in the American Cable television companies' subscribers base and suggests that viewers ,in the U.S., are relying more on internet streaming as a source for video programming.
- Internet Saves Cable. GRASER, MARC // Variety;3/24/2015, Vol. 337 Issue 8, p25
The article presents statistics on U.S. cable and satellite television as of the fourth quarter of 2014 compared with pay television and Internet services.