DirecTV Rumor Mill Spins Its Way to CES
- Satellite Pie In The Sky? Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/12/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p10
Reports the success of Chief Executive Officer Charlie Ergen in the field of electronic industries in the United States. Strategies applied by Ergen; Review on DirecTV's subscriber lists and technology developments; Ways of controlling the lucrative business.
- Dish Distant-Signal Challenge Falls Short. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;5/27/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p22
Reports the challenge of chief executive officer Charlie Ergen of EchoStar Communications Corp. to the federal law in the U.S. Regulation of accessibility to distant network signals; Statement issued by the company toward the action of the high court for refusing to hear the case; Expectations...
- Dish founder Charles Ergen to return as CEO. Stubbs, Agnes // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
Dish Network's co-founder and chairman Charles Ergen will return as CEO of the company.
- Dishing on DISH:. // CableFAX Daily;5/12/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 93, p2
Explains that DISH CEO Charlie Ergen has not given a hint on whether DISH would consider merging with DirecTV. Highlights of the comments from Ergen.
- Charlie Ergen's Inside Man. FARRELL, MIKE // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/6/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p14
The article focuses on how Dish Network was transformed by chairman Charlie Ergen into more of a connectivity company using Joe Clayton as its chief executive officer (CEO). Topics discussed include the career making decisions spent by Clayton, the employment of Clayton in the company during its...
- Is Dish Broken? Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/9/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p8
The article focuses on chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen's means in stabilizing Dish Network Corp. in the U.S. Dish's stocks had a 68% decline in the past six months and are losing subscribers fast. Analysts predict a worsening economy poses a stiff headwind to any hopes...
- Dish Crosses 14M Sub Mark. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p21
The article reports on the achievement of Dish Network Corp. to reach the 14 millionth subscriber which makes the company the third in largest multichannel video service providers in the U.S. It is noted that the company has 241,000 new subscribers in September 30, 2009. It is said that Dish has...
- TWICE PEOPLE. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/16/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p10
This article focuses on the leading executives in the U.S. who will speak at the 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft Corp., will start the CES with his traditional pre-show keynote address on January 6, 2008, according CES producer Consumer...
- Ergen Chats Draw a Crowd. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;8/15/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p30
Highlights the management style of Charlie Ergen, chairman and CEO for EchoStar Communications Corp. Efforts of Ergen to conduct periodic conference calls; Acknowledgment of missteps regarding the company's partnership with SBC Communications; Involvement in hiring Michael Neuman as COO and...