Mediacom, Sinclair Gird for Fight
- ALTV needs a survival strategy. // Electronic Media;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p8
Editorial. Comments on the need for the Association of Local Television Stations to have a survival strategy after the withdrawal of Sinclair Broadcast Group's 62 stations. Impact of the television network consolidation trend on the organization; Importance of setting up efforts to embrace the...
- TELEVISION MORE IS LESS. Rogers, Patrick // Columbia Journalism Review;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p5
Details the efforts of television stations toward centralized news operations in the U.S. Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc.; American News Network; Argument against such services.
- Sinclair Rethinks News Mission. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/20/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 12, p16
Reports on the decision of Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. to eliminate its centralized news operation on all of its television stations in the U.S. Impact of centralized news on stations; Result of canceling the newscasts and reformatting News Central; Effect of the cancellation on the staff.
- Sinclair Adds Sales Tool. Brown, Sandy // MediaWeek;2/10/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the acquisition of Revenuemax broadcast sales software from Agentsmith by WTTO-TV and WABM-TV of the Sinclair Broadcast Group in February 2003. Use of the technology by Sinclair stations; Features of the Revenuemax software.
- Our Newest Journalism. Frank, Reuven // New Leader;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p32
Presents the history of TV broadcasting of news in the U.S. Background of Sinclair Broadcasting; Provision of news material by CNN and Fox; Debut of the "Today" show by NBC.
- Davis to Helm Duop. Murphy, Jeremy // MediaWeek;11/27/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p16
Reports the changes in WXLV-TV as ordered by Sinclair Broadcasting. Reason for the reorganization; Responsibility of Will Davis; Account of a similar move.
- SPONSORS HELP WITH WEB SITES, OUTREACH. Curry, Sheree R. // Television Week;10/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p18
Reports on sponsorships for various segments of the Web site of ABC affiliate, KXTV-TV. Information on the weather pop-up of the station; Background on a flu shot drive mounted by Sinclair Broadcast Group's KOVR-TV.
- Las Vegas. Davis Hudson, Eileen // MediaWeek;4/7/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p12
Presents information on the investment made by television (TV) stations in local news programming in Las Vegas, Nevada. Estimated number of TV households in Las Vegas; List of TV stations in the city that provide newscasts; Efforts of Sinclair Broadcast Group in improving its news programming...
- Reassembling Local News. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;10/7/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 36, p16
Focuses on the local television station Sinclair News Central in Hunt Valley, Maryland which is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group. Cost of news reporting; Persons who are responsible for news reporting; Discussion on its programming; Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the...