THIS JUST IN
- Programming:. // CableFAX Daily;9/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 170, p2
The article presents updates on television programming in the U.S. OLN network will present 26 regular season of National Hockey League games in high definition television in 2006. Comcast's CN8 network has reached more than 9 million subscribers in the country. Some of the weekday evening...
- A JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF SPORTS. Broderick, Matthew // Boys' Life;Jun2013, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses sports channel ESPN's production of "SportsCenter" television (TV) show and narrates the global meeting for the day's coverage, the "SporstCenter" staff meeting, and the activities at the ESPN Newsroom.
- CNN/SI Shifts Focus From News to Events. Demenchuk, Michael // Multichannel News;9/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p12
Reports the shift in the live programming line up of CNN/Sports Illustrated (CNN/SI) to increase value to operators in the United States. Concerns on the network on high-profile sports shows for higher licensing fees; Decisions on live sports events on networks competition; Accounts on the...
- HBO adds afternoon boxing series. McAdams, Deborah // Broadcasting & Cable;02/28/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 9, p69
Reports on the March 2000 launch of the show `KO Nation' on cable television's Home Box Office (HBO) network. Target audience; Majority of boxing matches to be featured as taking place on United States college campuses; Game analysis to be provided by boxer Oscar de la Hoya; Cards planned for...
- England match gives ITV 61% share. Murphy, Claire // Marketing (00253650);6/15/2000, p3
Reports on findings by Zenith Media on the market share of British network ITV during the England versus Portugal Euro 2000 football game on June 12, 2000. Market share; Number of viewers of games through ITV and British Broadcasting Corp.
- TV cash provides safety net for sports. // Daily Variety;7/11/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 7, p2
The article discusses the parallels between sports and entertainment and the impact of the surge in television (TV) money from networks on the broadcasting of sports.
- Rugby final scores for ITV, Seven. Andrews, Sam; Lewes, Jacqueline Lee // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/25/2003, Vol. 381 Issue 23, p69
Great Britain commercial network ITV on Monday celebrated England's triumph over the weekend in the Rugby World Cup in Sydney, boasting a near record peak audience of 14.5 million people for the 9 a.m. Saturday local rime broadcast. The rugby final combined with other rugby related programs to...
- Trolling for Viewers. Hieges, Chad // CableFAX Daily;9/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 179, p4
The article presents information on the sports programming to be launched by the Outdoor Life Network under its new Versus banner. The network will launch a series of original programs under its new name beginning September 25, 2006. "Soul of a Champion" will feature several sports celebrities,...
- Golf Channel Stays on Course. Larson, Megan // Broadcasting & Cable;8/29/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 35, p22
Reports on television shows that will be aired by Golf Channel in the U.S. in 2005. Information on "The Daly Planet"; Plans of Golf to create a reality television show; Revelation of the golf lifestyle to viewers.