Cablevision Revs Up for Business Blitz
- Bundling Up To Market Success. Neel, K.C. // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p52
The article reports on Cablevision Systems' success in enticing consumers to sign up for its voice, data and data products. It discusses Cablevision's entry into the market as a bundled service provider. The company's marketing materials carry the "Optimum" brand across all of its products. The...
- Optimal Results. Kuhl, Craig // Broadcasting & Cable;5/7/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 19, pA16
The article presents a profile of Patricia Gottesman, executive vice president for digital marketing and commerce for Cablevision Systems Corp. Her 28 year career with the company is described. Gettesman recalls that the industry's first marketing challenge was to convince customers to pay for...
- Time Buy on Trio's Side in Philly. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p8
Reports that arts network Trio has bought a 90-minute block on Fox Broadcast Network's Philadelphia affiliate. Programs that Trio will air during the slot on December 14, 2002; Advantages of airing the programs to Trio; Purpose for which Trio will screen a toll-free number during the slot;...
- 'The island' goes global. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);10/31/2002, p18
Reports on the marketing strategy of Qatar-based Arabic television channel, Al Jazeera, which has emerged as a serious player on the global media stage. Viewership of the channel in Great Britain; Revenue sources of the channel; Benefits of broadcasting Al Qaida chief Osama Bin Laden's tapes to...
- Cable slowly starts to fill voice void. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;7/8/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p24
Reports the business status of the telecommunication service providers. Plan of cable companies on the problem of telecommunication companies; Cost of investing in carrier-grade voice; Effect of the issue in the business market.
- Horses for courses. Armitage, Joss // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jul/Aug2002, Issue 328, p14
Reports the struggle of the television cable industry. Decision to incur the expense of increasing bandwidth; Market factors of cable operators; Management of triple-play networks.
- Cablevision selects Harmonic's NSG. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the selection of the Harmonic Narrowcast Services Gateway (NSG) 8100 to support the video-on-demand (VOD) product from Cablevision System Corp. in New York. Schedule of the launching of the product; Advancement of the integration of VOD and NSG to the cable system operation; Features...
- Cablevision plans 5 percent price hike. Abelson, Ben // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/29/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 54, p9A
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s decision to increase its cable television prices in 2003 in New York State. Higher programming costs; Increased investment in customer service; Changes in channel lineups.
- Cablevision hopes its local programming hooks viewers. Cook, Bob // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/25/96, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p9
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. is inserting programming onto its MuchMusic USA music video channel for customers in Cleveland, Ohio. Background information on the company; Program description; Local break-ins on national cable networks.