Lafayette Overbuild Seeks Supreme Sanction
- La. Court May Review Mum Telecom Case. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32483, p1
The article provides updates on the review of Louisiana Supreme Court of its decision concerning the bond sales and telecommunications business of Lafayette Utilities System. The Lafayette City-Parish Consolidated Government is expected to file its last motion with the court on October 13, 2006....
- A road map to broadbanding networking: Network evolution within the utilities industry. Rane, Sham // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec94, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p33
Reports on the evolution of broadband networking within the utilities industry. Effect of industry deregulation and environmental laws; Insight into security, control, administration, and data acquisition (SCADA) applications; Development of image file transfers and image manipulation...
- Rural Washington county pioneers optical broadband services. Pease, Robert // Lightwave;Feb2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the project of the Grant County Public Utility District (GCPUD) to provide optical broadband services in Ephrata in Washington State. Overview of the Zipp project; Benefits for utility companies like GCUPD; Information on other companies involved in the GCPUD project.
- Vendors eye utility telecom market. Fuller, Meghan // Lightwave;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the prospects of using broadband telecommunications to upgrade the copper and microwave network between substations of public utilities in Chelan County, Washington. Investments on telecom equipment; Provision of broadband services; Passive-optical-networking architecture to improve...
- Cut in the middleman. Jacob, Ian // Utility Week;5/10/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p14
Focuses on the installation of broadband network infrastructure by British telecommunication operators. Competition in the telecommunication sector; Application of Internet services in British public utilities; Discussion on the regulation of the telecommunication industry.
- PUDs are building telecommunication highways. Johnson, Steve // Wenatchee Business Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, pA19
Focuses on the benefits of broadband installations by public utility districts in Washington. Establishment of a backbone system; Availability of telephone service; Effect of the backbone system on the Internet access in schools.
- KENNEDY D. KIRK v. LOUISIANA: on petition for writ of certiorari to the court of appeal of louisiana, fourth circuit. // Supreme Court Cases: The Twenty-first Century (2000 - Present);2009, p1
The article presents information on the Supreme Court case Kennedy D. Kirk v. Louisiana, number 01-8419, decided on June 24, 2002. The Court grants the petition for a writ of certiorari and reverse the Louisiana Court of Appeal's conclusion that police officers were not prohibited by law to...
- Making the most of Muni broadband. Reedy, Sarah // Telephony;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p20
The article discusses the need to teach and orient residents about the application and use of broadband networks deployed in the various municipalities in the U.S. It stresses that installing broadband networks in municipal markets is not enough to serve the residents, instead, broadband service...
- Consumers would Turn to Utility for Internet Access, Report Says. // Utility Automation & Engineering T&D;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p10
Reports that Internet-intensive consumers are intrigued with the prospect of high-speed broadband connections over power lines in 2004. Preference by consumers for the higher speeds and extra features of broadband over power lines (BPL); Additional features of BPL offerings; Utility companies...