A&E Exploits Mob Ties
- MyTV Desperate for 'Housewives'. Lisotta, Christopher // Television Week;5/29/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p3
The article reports on the syndication of the television program "Desperate Housewives" from ABC network to Fox-owned MyNetworkTV affiliated networks in the U.S. The show will start airing in MyTV stations beginning fall 2008. The advertising time of the syndicated show will be divided between...
- Ledafilms to rep A&E, History net. de la Fuente, Anna Marie // Daily Variety;1/20/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 17, p27
Reports on AETN International's appointment of Ledafilms to represent its syndicated sales in Latin America.
- Hot original, off-net shows mean 10%-plus CPM hikes. Ellis IV, John W. // Advertising Age;5/12/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 19, pS22
Discusses the amount of advertising expected to be sold for the 1997 season in syndicated television. The quality of programs that are in syndicated television; The buyers in the upfront buying season; The limited inventory available.
- Syndie upfront market rebounds. Bennett, Ray; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/18/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 46, p77
Reports the increase in the advertisement sales in the annual upfront market of the television syndication sector. Estimation of the increase; Amount of advertiser spending in the syndication upfront.
- Sizzling 'CSI' Reruns. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;11/3/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 43, p9
The article reports on the primetime network performance of "CSI: New York" for stripping off net procedurals. The show is featured every Wednesday at 10p.m. It is being aired both in the weekend broadcast syndication and in cable networks. The television program got a 3.2 average household...
- CW Execs Set Affiliate Terms. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;2/13/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on the meetings conducted by the television network CW to discuss its affiliation terms with television station executives in California. Jack Abernethy, president of Fox Television Stations, announced that the company's UPN affiliates will lost their affiliation with the...
- Walking Proud. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/8/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 10, p3A
Interviews several sales executives about the broadcast and cable industry. Views on the demand among broadcast networks and syndicators for double-digit rate hikes in 2003; Outlook for 2004; Impact of time-shifting on advertising; Opportunities for product placement; Prospects facing the...
- Still Must-See TV. Frankel, Daniel // Adweek Western Edition;09/25/2000, Vol. 50 Issue 39, pM54
Forecasts the growth of syndicated network television in the United States for 2001. Challenges faced by the syndication market; Demand for off-net television programs; Sources of syndication's advertising revenues; Drop in the ratings of several off-net programs.
- Ad revs steady on syndie strength. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;11/21/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 36, p47
Reports on the increase in the advertising revenues of television syndication in the U.S. Figures compiled by the Television Bureau of Advertising from estimates supplied by CMR MediaWatch; Top advertisers in local broadcast.