Ad System Melds TV and Internet
- Interaction stations. Green, Danielle // Precision Marketing;11/8/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p19
Discusses the competition between interactive goals of digital television and the broadband service in Great Britain. Problems encountered in interactive television; Attraction posed by the mass-market broadband service; Perceived advantage of broadband over interactive television; Potential...
- YESTERDAY'S NEWS. // Poptronics;Sep2002, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p4
Recalls news from previous issues of 'Radio Electronics' and 'Popular Electronics' periodicals. Modern electronic communications system; Interactive television (TV); Color TV.
- Redmond warns of broadban challenge to iTV. // New Media Age;5/20/2004, p3
This article reports that artist Phil Redmond has allegedly warned that broadband will usurp red button interactivity as a means for production companies to offer viewers increased engaging content if the marketplace does not change, as of May 2004. Redmond, the Mersey television founder and...
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p38
Focuses on developments related to the broadband and interactive television sectors of the cable television industry in the United States as of December 11, 2000. Showtime Networks Inc.'s interactive television deal with Wink Communications.
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p47
Reports developments related to broadband communication in the U.S. as of October 2002. Launching of the high-definition television service by the cable unit of Comcast Corp.; Introduction of the DCT-1700 interactive digital set-top by the Broadband Communications Sector of Motorola Inc.;...
- Content Is King. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;11/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p124
Focuses on the technological innovations in the cable's broadband delivery systems in the United States. Promotion of video-on-demand services; Creation of broadband and interactive television sales unit; Enhancement of the broadband platform.
- SPECIAL REPORT: SCANDINAVIA. Hicks, Robin // Campaign;4/22/2005, Issue 17, p33
The article presents information on various aspects of advertisement like use of broadband in advertisements and the use of nudity. The article refers to Scandinavia, with a view point that the region's reputation for cool-headed liberalism is often wide of the mark. In Sweden, the largest...
- Engineering a fluid headend. Wheeler, Todd // CED;May2001, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p104
Focuses on the demand of flexible signal and cable management by interactive cable services in the United States. Characteristics of headend infrastructure; Benefits of plug-and-play signal management; Reconfiguration of broadband network; Implication for broadband service providers.
- BT takes on Sky with plans for iTV ads on TV-over-broadband. Jones, Gareth // New Media Age;12/15/2005, p1
The article reports on the plans of British Telecom (BT) to challenge Sky's dominance of interactive television (iTV) advertising industry with the launch of advanced red-button services around its TV-over-broadband offering in 2006 in Great Britain. BT is exploring a range of next-generation...