History's Pharaoh Deal
- Sex and Marketing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the marketing strategy implemented by cable television network HBO for the launch of the program 'Sex and the City.' From way back, HBO spent heavily on marketing, figuring it was hard enough to get people to pay for basic television and a real leap to have them pay even...
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- Cable Nets Offer Super Alternatives. Umsted, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p54
Reports that U.S. cable television networks will offer non-sports fans a series of films, specials and events programmed against the CBS telecast of the Super Bowl game on February 1, 2004. Impact of counter-programming efforts on Super Bowl viewership; Networks involved in the move; Shows...
- TNN Looks to Get Bounce From Animated Series. Lee, Will // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p34
Deals with the changes in the programming line up of TNN as of April 2002. Budget spent on program acquisitions and development; Demographics targeted by the cable network; Information on the animated series lined up in TNN.
- Constat Stands Up for Comedy. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p52
Deals with the development of the television program 'Comcast Comedy Spotlight: Road Trip 2002,' as of April 2002. Average rating of Comcast's special programming in 2001; Itineraries of the road trip.
- History's Revamp Includes Themed Nights. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p23
The article reports on the plans of The History Channel to launch several new series and specials within primetime blocks in order to create thematic destinations and increase its appeal to younger viewers. These are the first major programming initiatives for the network since former A&E...
- New Nets Take Field During National Show. Applebaum, Simon; Moss, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p6
The article focuses on the National Show, an annual event of the U.S. cable broadcasting industry, to be held at Chicago, Illinois, in June 2003. The event will see an increase in the number of new cable network companies. The independent, general-entertainment service is currently negotiating...
- Our town. Larson, Megan // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/14/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p34
Discusses how regional cable news networks compete with broadcast television networks in the United States. NY1 News as a source for the national network television drama series `NYPD Blue'; Audience share of local broadcast news; Flexibility offered by regional news networks; Strategies for...
- Trio picks up 'I, Claudius'. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p1A
Focuses on several television program broadcasting rights purchased by the cable television network Trio. Programming schedule for the television mini-series 'I, Claudius'; Commissioning of a one-hour documentary for the broadcast of the 1998 movie 'Elizabeth.'