Hitting The Right Groove
- Music Pitches To Niches. Kridel, Tim // Multichannel News;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p35
The author reflects on the need for synergistic approach to music industry networks. He believes that such approach is an opportunity for service providers due to a demand for interactive videos, because music fanatics are found to have enjoyed only audio services rather than video content. He...
- BT Unveils Name For IPTV Service. // Satellite Today;3/22/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 55, p5
The article reports that the Internet protocol television services that will be launched by BT in 2006 will be called BT Vision. Such service will combine Digital Terrestrial Television with on-demand film, television and music programming and interactive services. BT compared its service from...
- BITS & BRIEFS. // Billboard;9/30/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 39, p24
The article presents digital entertainment-related news briefs in the U.S. Satellite-based music video channel Eye Music Network has begun broadcasting its 24/7 music programming on dave.tv, an Internet-based TV network and social networking site. The Orchard has branched out to include...
- A Content Analysis of Music Videos. Baxter, Richard L.; De Riemer, Cynthia; Landini, Ann; Leslie, Larry; Singletary, Michael W. // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Summer85, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p333
The music video, as shown on Music Television (MTV), is a contemporary hybrid of rock music and film imagery. This study analyzed a sample of 62 MTV music videos in 23 content categories. Of the content categories studied, frequent occurrences were found in visual abstraction, sex, dance,...
- TV on the stage. GAGNON, MILAN // Prague Post;10/10/2012 supplement, pND7
The article discusses the Golden Prague International Television Festivals of best music and dance in Å½of Ãn Palace in Czech Republic to appear on large and small television screens.
- U.K. TOP 10. Ferguson, Tom; Paine, Andre // Billboard;10/2/2010, Vol. 122 Issue 39, p25
The article lists the top ten ways to gain exposure in Great Britain's music industry, including a guest performance on ITV1's "The X-Factor," the addition of a band's or musician's name on the British Broadcasting Corporation's (BBC's) playlist, and a performance on the music award television...
- Industry optimistic over proposed Channel k music show. // Music Week;10/26/2012, Issue 43, p3
The article focuses on the decision of British broadcaster Channel 4 to launch new Friday night show based on music on its T4 scheduling slot.
- BARC Ratings (Week 45): 9X Jalwa climbs up the chart. // Radio & Music;11/21/2015, p1
A chart is presented that lists the BARC Ratings for Week 45 in November 2015, including a change in the positioning of Hindi music channels, and rankings of East Indian cable channels such as Sony MIX, 9X Jalwa and B4U Music.
- Behind the High School Musical Sensation. Schlosser, Julie // Fortune;5/1/2006, Vol. 153 Issue 8, p22
The article discusses the Disney Channel made-for-television movie "High School Musical." The film got high ratings despite its low budget, and its soundtrack has gone platinum. The success of the film is attributed by Disney's multi-pronged marketing technique, which included print...