MCN Online POLL RESULTS
- Debt-Light, RCN Explores Sellout Options. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/18/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p34
The article focuses on the move of cable overbuilder RCN Corp. to hire investment bankers Waller Capital Corp. and The Blackstone Group to advise it on strategic alternatives including possible sale. RCN is also considering to buy other small telephone companies. The biggest markets of RCN are...
- Acquisition Consolidation. // Business News New Jersey;01/04/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the consolidation of all the acquisitions of West Windsor, New Jersey-based communications firm RCN. Increase in the price of stocks of Internet service provider firms that will form the RCN.com; Terms of agreement with old subscribers; Reason for consolidation of firms.
- Swisscom confirms Eircom talks. // MarketWatch: Technology;Dec2005, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p36
The article reports that Swiss telecoms carrier Swisscom AG has admitted that it is in talks of takeover with Eircom Group PLC, the Irish carrier. Although the company warned that a takeover deal was not certain, any deal would give Swisscom much needed access to a foreign market. Swisscom has...
- Former PTTs show insatiable appetite for acquisition. // Voice+;Apr2000, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the acquisition activity of former state monopoly telephone companies in Europe. Telecommunication sectors targeted by the companies; Telephone firms involved in negotiations for possible acquisitions.
- MERGER DANGER. Wilson, Carol // Telephony;2/14/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 3, p21
Focuses on the impact of the latest wave of massive mergers in the telecom industry in the U.S. Reduction of consumer choice; Increase in prices; Distraction in from getting business done.
- Verizon ends roaming for Cochise calls. Baillie, Amanda // Inside Tucson Business;8/22/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p16
Reports that Verizon Wireless is buying out the small locally owned system, Valley Telecom which services southeast Arizona. Benefits of the buy-out according to Verizon spokeswoman Jenny Weaver; Other changes in the company.
- TELECOM'S MIXED SIGNALS. Creswell, Julie // Fortune;4/3/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 7, p51
The article discusses the unsuccessful deals between telecommunication companies in the U.S. and Europe. According to sources, several changes have occurred in the past few years in the industry, which makes it slogging toward a new structure. In addition, the wave of merger activity is driven...
- Two more telcos buy into cable. Rosenberg, Jim // Editor & Publisher;10/23/93, Vol. 126 Issue 43, p18
Reports on two agreements between cable and telephone companies announced on October 13, 1993. Plans of Bell Atlantic Corp. to acquire Tele-Communications Inc. (TCI); TCI's planned buyback of Liberty Media; Legal questions to the mergers; QVC Network Inc.'s bid for Paramount; Role of...
- Freedom Buys Illinois Daily, Heads for Border. Schaben, Susan // Orange County Business Journal;08/07/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p63
Reports developments in the marketing and media industry in California as of August 2000. Acquisition of the Alton Telegraph newspaper by Freedom Communications Inc.; Creation of the Mexico Long Distance Program by telephone company Verizon Wireless; Selection of the radio spot created by...