King of the Hill: Comcast's Beltway Sway
- Rolling Up the Sleeves:. // CableFAX Daily;4/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 70, p1
Reports on the lobbying efforts of Kyle McSlarrow, chief of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association, for telecommunication legislation in the U.S. as of April 11, 2006.
- OpenCable Platform: Good-bye OCAP! L. E. // CED;Dec2007, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p24
The article reports on the decision of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) chairman Kyle McSlarrow to ban the term OCAP which stands for OpenCable Platform. According to McSlarrow, it is important to make distinction between "OpenCable," described as the hardware side of...
- Cablers slam telcos' video efforts. Gough, Paul J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/11/2006, Vol. 393 Issue 47, p4
The article presents information about a panel discussion on the second day of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association's conference. In strong words against the telecommunication companies the association's president and chief executive officer Kyle McSlarrow said the cable...
- A Chance Encounter Spawns a Cable Giant. Aaron, Daniel // Multichannel News;6/4/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p64
Relates work experiences at the cable television industry in the United States. Selection as chairman of the National Cable Television Association from 1977 to 1978; Career history as chief executive officer of Comcast Corp.; Contribution to the broadcast-television industry.
- TCA Changes. // CableFAX Daily;11/23/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 228, p2
The article reports on the decision of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association to turn over the management of TCA Tour to Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing to focus further on its lobbying efforts in the U.S.
- Cable Ponies Up Big For Strategic Defense. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the lobbying efforts of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association in the United States. Resistance to awarding of competitors legal and regulatory favors at the expense of marketplace solutions; Lobbying expenses.
- Making Events Truly Special. // Television Week;5/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p34
The article presents an interview with President-chief executive officer (CEO) Kyle McSlarrow of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA). McSlarrow pointed out Barbara York's contributions during his tenure as president-CEO of NCTA. He recognizes that York will be one of the...
- A Good Place: NCTA Chief Pleased with Franchising Legislation So Far. // CableFAX Daily;6/12/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 113, p1
Reports on the reaction of Kyle McSlarrow, president and CEO of the National Cable Television Association, to the franchising bills proposed in the U.S. Congress. View of McSlarrow on the video and voice provisions of the House bill; Reasons for the doubt of McSlarrow to support the franchising...
- McSlarrow Unleashed. Applebaum, Simon // CableFAX Daily;12/9/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 238, p1
The article reports on the belief of National Cable & Telecommunications Association president and CEO Kyle McSlarrow that government-mandated bill governing cable television programming will not be implemented in the U.S. According to Comcast co-CFO John Alchin, family-friendly programming are...