From Versus to Horror: Expanding a Network Portfolio
- Fright Channel Eyes July Launch. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/14/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p16
The article reports on the intention of Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. to launch a horror network, "The Freight Channel," on July 13, 2007. Rob Claridge, the independent service's founder and president, announced his plans to purchase blocks of time on cable systems in Los Angeles and New...
- OTHER PLAYERS EYE GENRE. Moss, Linda; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p9
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal to create a horror cable television channel in the U.S. The joint venture Comcast-Sony Networks may serve as the vehicle for starting a cable channel. According to NBC Universal Cable Entertainment spokeswoman Jennifer Skorlich,...
- Cable outlets seeking to score with horror. Dempsey, John // Variety;4/23/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 10, p15
The article focuses on the efforts of television networks such as NBC Universal, Comcast Corp., and Cablevision to find fresh outlets for horror programming. NBC Universal has launched "Chiller," a digital-cable network that shows scary movies and television shows. FearNet, launched by Comcast,...
- `Real Sports' set to debut. Harris, Jaime C. // New York Amsterdam News;4/1/95, Vol. 86 Issue 13, p50
Informs about the premiere of the sports show, `Real Sports' hosted by Bryant Gumbel on Home Box Office. Schedule; Sports personalities as invitees to the show.
- THE NEXT POWER IN PROGRAMMING. // Television Week;9/15/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the appointment of Jeff Shell as head of programming of U.S. cable television operator Comcast, as of September 2003. Work experiences; Reason for the move; Brief information on Comcast.
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;6/23/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p32
The article reports on developments related to multimedia communications in the U.S. Cable television company Comcast Corp. has created two separate high-definition television (HDTV) networks for The Golf Channel and Versus. Voom HD Networks has launched on-demand offerings in HD for its...
- Will Zombie Success Spread Fright Nights Across the Cable Landscape? Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;10/17/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 36, p16
The article considers the strong ratings of the cable television programs "The Walking Dead" and "American Horror Story," discussing if this will result in the production and broadcasting of more horror television programs.
- Sports Net Costs, by the Numbers. BAINE, DEREK // Multichannel News;2/4/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p25
In this article, the author comments on heavy rise in the costs of sports channel and its impact on cable television viewers.
- FANS FEED ON SCARES. // Daily Variety;7/10/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 6, p2
The article offers information about the horror cabler FEARnet from Comcast Corp.