Ringing That Bellwether: Roberts Sizes Up Competition
- Disney's Quiet Suitor. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/16/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 7, p5
Interviews Brian Roberts, chief executive of Comcast Corp. about its takeover bid for Walt Disney Co. Opportunities presented by the takeover for both companies; Outlook of Roberts on a potential auction process in their bid; Reasons behind the appeal of the Disney business.
- Roberts Sees a Future in the Cloud. // Multichannel News;9/30/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p12
An interview is presented with Brian Roberts, chief executive officer (CEO) at telecommunication company Comcast Corp. When asked about the most important thing happening in the cable industry he states that cloud computing is one of the most exciting things that is happening in industry. He...
- If 76ers Win Nba Title, Will Comcast Get Credit. // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p1
Presents an interview with Comcast Corp. President Brian Roberts on the business plans of Comcast Corp. Effects of sports rights on programing cost; Issues concerning sports costs; Plan of the company to buy Fox Family Channel.
- The man who sold Gates sells Street on Comcast. Farrell // Multichannel News;12/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p6
Interviews Comcast president Brian Roberts. Reputation as a deal maker in the cable television industry; Persuasion of Microsoft chairman Bill Gates in 1997 to purchase Comcast stock; Purchase of Lenfest Communications Inc.; Ranking as one of the top cable television operators in the United...
- Comcast Extends Roberts Contract to 2014. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/29/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p35
The article informs that Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based entertainment services provider company Comcast Corp. has extended the employment contract of its chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Robert through June 30, 2014.
- CEO PERSPECTIVES ON FUTURE IRISH COMPETITIVENESS. Gibbons, Patrick T.; O'Brien, Michael // Irish Marketing Review;2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p53
Reports on the results of a study on the views of chief executive officers on competitiveness in Ireland. Methods; Results; Discussion.
- 10 years ago in The Corporate Board. Neuschel, Robert P. // Corporate Board;May/Jun2011, Vol. 32 Issue 188, p29
The article briefly focuses on the competitiveness of chief executive officers (CEO) in the U.S.
- Johnathan Rodgers Named CEO Of New Cable TV Network. // Jet;4/7/2003, Vol. 103 Issue 15, p12
Johnathan Rodgers, the former president of Discovery Networks, U.S., was recently named president and chief executive officer (CEO) of a new cable television network targeting adult Black and urban viewers that will be launched later this year by the Comcast Corporation and Radio One.Earlier...
- Roberts' rules of order. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;11/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p1
Profiles Brian Roberts, chief executive officer of a U.S.-based cable operator company Comcast Corp. Description of Roberts' personality; Business acumen of Roberts; Closeness of Roberts with his father; Ethics and values of Roberts.