TRIP THE LIGHT COMCASTIC
- TECHTV GETS REBOOT Comcast to merge Allen's channel with G4. Amdur, Meredith; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/29/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 58, p4
Reports on the expectation for the acquisition of TechTV by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Effort of the company to boost its programming assets; Merger of TechTV with the company's G4 channel; Plan for the development of original programming of the combined television networks.
- Enter Julian Brodsky, Bearing Furniture. Aaron, Daniel // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p85
Profiles corporate executives Daniel Aaron, Ralph Roberts and Julian Broadsky of Comcast Corp. Family backgrounds; Career backgrounds; Contributions of the executives to the cable network industry.
- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- The Art of the Dealmaker. Hemingway, Jonathan // Broadcasting & Cable;10/1/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 39, p43
The article presents a profile of Joe Donnelly, chief financial officer for the programming group of Comcast Corp. Donnelly, a mergers and acquisitions specialist, helped orchestrate the company's $47 billion deal with AT&T Broadband before taking his current position. He states he gets more...
- Adelphia signed, sealed. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/1/2006, Vol. 395 Issue 24, p1
The article reports that Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. have acquired Adelphia Communications Corp. The $17 billion deal will make Time Warner the largest cable operator in Los Angeles. Both companies will get more operations and opportunity to save costs at overlapping operations and with...
- HELMERS SPEAK OUT. Rooney, David // Daily Variety;11/9/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 50, p12
Reports the impact of the merger between pay television (TV) operators Telepiu and Stream to film financing in Italy. Effect of the merger to the motion picture industry; Concerns on the financial support to local film production; Link between pay TV and film production.
- SKY HEADS FOR HOME AS CABLERS COZY UP. Jazmines, Tessa // Variety;04/16/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 9, p17
Reports the merger of SKYCable and Home Cable in the Philippines in 2001. Background information on the cable networks; Companies that own SKYCable and Home Cable; Services to be offered by the networks under the merger.
- FEEVEES TELEPIU, STREAM MERGE. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;2/14/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 55, p29
Reports the consolidation of the television channels Telepiu and Stream in Milan, Italy. Ownership of the pay TV platform outright by Vivendi Universal; Increase of the subscription of the television channels; Need for an antitrust approval for the merger.
- FEEVES STREAM-ING UP. James, Alison; Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Variety;04/30/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 11, p24
Reports on the merger of Italian cable television networks Telepiu and Stream. Terms of the merger; Advantages of the merger to the parent company of Telepiu; Value of the deal.