- The Sports Net That Fox Built. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p12
Focuses on the business operations of sports cable television network Fox Sports Networks (FSN). Pressures faced by FSN from cable distributors; Solutions to the problem that FSN faced from cable distributors; Statement from Ben Thompson, president of FSN.
- FSN Tries to Avoid The Squeeze Play. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;2/23/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the efforts of Fox Sports Net (FSN), a cable television network to strengthen its local franchises and improve its national appeal. Responsibilities of Bob Thompson as president of FSN; Sports teams in Chicago, Illinois lost by FSN in 2003; Television shows to be launched by FSN in...
- full-service network. // Computer Desktop Encyclopedia;10/1/2011, p1
- full-service network. // Computer Desktop Encyclopedia;2015, p1
- Freer exec vp Fox Sports Net. Greppi, Michele // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;03/28/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 19, p69
Focuses on the promotion of Randy Freer to executive vice president at Fox Sports Net. Experience of Freer in advertising sales; Commitment to expand the company.
- The Net remains in the plan for FSN. Cleland, Kim // Advertising Age;7/1/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 27, p18
Reports on the plans by Time Warner to offer interactive platforms including television, cable and the Internet in its Full Service Network (FSN). Features of the network; Total number of users of the network; Comment by Janet Edwards, FSN director of advertising and navigational promotions.
- FSN to be the new face of Fox Sports. Linnett, Richard; Kerwin, Ann Marie // Advertising Age;3/8/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p45
Reports on the decision of Fox Sports Net to change its name into FSN in an effort to simplify the identity of the brand in March 2004. Details of the promotional strategy for the new brand name; Value proposition given to agencies and clients upon the adoption of the new name; Statement issued...
- Exec joins the team at Fox Sports. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/1/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 44, p16
The article reports on the appointment of George Greenberg as executive vice president of programming and production of Fox Sports. Greenberg will continue in his current role as head of programming and production for Fox Sports Networks (FSN). He was executive producer of "Best Damn Sports...
- National Aspirations. Pursell, Chris // Television Week;6/16/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p3
This article reports on the plan of Fox Cable Sports Networks (FSN) to expand its national program development in the U.S. in 2008. According to Bob Thompson, president of FSN, the company needed to find quality programming that would work nationally in a variety of time periods. Thompson said...
- More than the sum of its parts. Dawson, Freddie // Food Manufacture;Dec2010, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p68
The article focuses on the establishment of the food supply network (FSN) to address issues that threaten the future of the food industry in Great Britain. It mentions the capability of the FSN to promote cooperation and coordination along the food supply chain in the country. It indicates that...