NBC U, WWE In Tag Team
- Affiliate Relations. // CableFAX Daily;2/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p2
Reports on the actions taken by World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (WWE) to help increase the "WrestleMania 22" pay-per-view buys on April 2, 2006 in the U.S. Decision of WWE on offering the "WrestleMania's Big Time Moments" for free on voice-on-demand; Participation of WWE wrestlers in local...
- '02 Was Kind To PPV, VOD. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p2
Focuses on the revenue generated by pay-per-view (PPV) and video-on-demand movies, adult programming and events in 2002. Comparison of revenues generated by movies in the year 2001 and 2002; Percent increase in adult PPV revenue in 2002; Revenue generated by satellite subscribers per household.
- Execs Say VOD Trumps PPV Buy Rates. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p36
Focuses on video-on-demand (VOD) market in the United States. Comparison between the buy-rates of VOD and subscription television; Need to explain technology to customers; Commencement of VOD technical trials by Comcast Cable Communications.
- PAY-TV SUBSCRIPTIONS DIP AS SVOD RISES. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/28/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 33, p12
The article discusses the highlights of Nielsen's "Total Audience Report" for the second quarter of 2015, noting the decrease in traditional pay-television subscription and the rise of subscription video on demand (SVOD) service in U.S. homes, and presents charts on media usage among U.S. adults.
- PAY-TV SUBSCRIPTIONS DIP AS SVOD RISES. // Multichannel News;9/28/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p39
The article offers information on decline in ratio of people using pay television subscription due to surge in subscription video on demand (SVOD) service and resents a chart showing television as a primary conduit for media consumption specially during primetime hours.
- TiVo, Netflix Ready Movies-on-Demand. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/11/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the limited options faced by TiVo and Netflix as they work to turn their sanctioned partnership into a profitable on-demand movie service. Potential obstacles of the subscription model of Netflix; Statement of TiVo on the delivery mode of the movies; Process of broadcasting a movie...
- Front Row picks up pix. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;12/13/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 8, p24
Reports the partnership of Front Row and motion picture distributor Pathe Distribution to offer several motion pictures on pay per view television in London, England.
- WWE Speaks Spanish for Cable. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p12
Reports that World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) will roll out several Spanish-language on-demand wrestling and sports-entertainment pay-per-view (PPV) programs in the fall of 2005. Impact of the Spanish-language service on the expansion of the viewership of WWE; Process to secure rights to the...
- WWE Puts Its Weight Behind VOD Service. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;3/29/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p24
Focuses on the new subscription video-on-demand service of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (WWE) in 2004. Comments from Vince McMahon, WWE chairman; Outlook of WWE on the new service; Range of prices being tested for the service.