VOD Ads Heading Into the 'Deep End'
- Research:. // CableFAX Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 85, p2
Highlights the results of a study on cable programming in the U.S., conducted by Arbitron. Percentage of respondents who stated that basic cable networks should be able to air whatever programming they want; Information on video-on-demand format; Impact of the study on the cable industry.
- VOD Sea Change. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/10/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p20
The article reports on the planned launch of a new video-on-demand (VOD) promotion by Scripps Networks to offer its top-rated shows on-demand, rather than library content in the U.S. Prior to its planned launch, Scripps has been offering utility player library fare on VOD instead of its popular...
- VOD Scorecard. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;5/1/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p42
Provides information on the results of the VOD Scorecard of the "Multichannel News" which tracks the video-on-demand deployment, usage and strategies of several cable television operators in the U.S. at the end of 2005.
- Looking Online For Audiences, Revenue. Kridel, Tim // Multichannel News;5/8/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p32
The article discusses the use of Internet and mobile video by religious cable television networks in order to attract viewers. Christian consumers are more likely to have access to Internet, use electronic mail and visit a Web site compared to the general population, according to a spring 2005...
- Puttin' on the Hits. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the decision of cable television operators to include top-rating programs in their video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. Factors that affect the interest of cable operators to include hit shows in their VOD offerings; Background on the deals entered into by Comcast and DirectTV;...
- Monsieur Mickey faces tough Euro quota regs. Paoli, Pascale // Variety;03/03/97, Vol. 366 Issue 5, p65
Reports on the March 22, 1997 launch of the Disney Channel in France. Initial broadcast of the channel on Canal Satellite; Problems faced by Disney concerning this pending launch.
- IT'S LONELY AT THE TOP. Dempsey, John // Variety;9/10/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the success of Home Box Office (HBO) television network. Number of 2001 Emmy Awards nominations earned by HBO; Challenge facing HBO; Concern of HBO executives about AOL.
- ASIA'S MTV KUDOS. Osborne, Magz // Variety;9/10/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the plans of MTV Asia for its first pan-Asian kudocast in Singapore. What the kudos will include; One of the anchors of the program; Successful music awards in Asia.
- Hispanic Nets Heating. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;05/22/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p9
Focuses on the competition between Univision and Telemundo, the cable television networks for Hispanic viewers. Increase in the prime-time Hispanic television audience of Telemundo; Changes in the television programming schedule of Univision.