Current TV Says Yahoo to New Ally
- Retransmission rights vital to broadcast nets. Mermigas, Diane // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/25/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 6, p105
The article discusses the impact of digital broadband technology on television broadcasting in the U.S. The murky future of television broadcasters, whose media platform is the most challenged by surging digital broadband technology, is gaining some peculiar clarity from a variety of major...
- ESPN Game for New-Media Play. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/7/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p4
The article reports that cable sports network ESPN is planning to launch several new programs that will appear only on broadband. ESPN is also investing in new technology that will enable the network to integrate sponsors' commercials into the online programming that most closely matches their...
- Take a Learning Adventure. // T H E Journal;Apr2001, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p34
Announces the expansion of the Learning Adventure (LA) series of Cable News Networks' news and educational Web site for students and teachers, CNNfyi.com. Inclusion of educator-designed lesson plans and background materials linking each LA subject with curriculum requirements; Study of the...
- Music Choice Europe Gets $15 Mil. To Upgrade Site. Koranteng, Juliana // Billboard;07/15/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 29, p65
Reports on plans of Music Choice Europe to invest over $15 million to upgrade its Web site. Work of chief executive officer Simon Bazelgette; Number of subscribers to music transmitted on the Internet by Music Choice; Copyright issues; Plans to generate income from advertising on the Web site.
- Nick passes muster. // Inter@ctive Week;05/10/99, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p31
Reports that Nickelodeon's Nick.com site has become the first recipient of the BBBOnline Kid's Privacy Seal, which was awarded by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. Purpose of the award.
- Using your noggle. Cheng, Kipp // Entertainment Weekly;10/03/97, Issue 399, p92
Reports on cable network Nickelodeon's World Wide Web site, Nogglevision. Internet address.
- IQ news. Kuchinskas, Susan // MediaWeek;09/07/98, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p33
Highlights the traffic records set by CNNfn.com for reporting 8.5 million page views on August 31, 1998. Percentage increase in requests for avails; Addition of another server.
- NSNBC promotes financial focus. Haar, Steven Vonder // Inter@ctive Week;04/06/98, Vol. 5 Issue 13, p53
Cites the plans of MSNBC to launch a broad promotional effort for business readers on the Web. Comments from Jim Kinsella, general manager of MSNBC; Information on business-related Web sites; Details on the MSNBC site.
- Discovery Channel online. Granatstein, Lisa // Time International (South Pacific Edition);07/01/96, Issue 27, pTD36
Features the Discovery Channel cable television network's web site for kids. What is found in the web site; Address of the web site.