- A Banking Beast Now Beyond Reform. Silverstein, Michael // Moderate Voice;12/15/2009, p1
The article reports on the move of U.S. President Barack Obama to implore top banks in the country to increase lending and help transform the financial system. It states that Obama met with top bankers in Washington to discuss the issue wherein he knew that two of the top banks are doing...
- Entrepreneurial spirit alive in retail sector. Lockwood, Henry // Caribbean Business;11/6/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 44, pS7
Presents information on the top 10 retailers who made the 1997 Top 300 List of Locally Owned Companies in Puerto Rico. Names of retailers; Revenues generated by top supermarket chains; Rankings of the top 5 retail companies.
- Warning: Beware of the old boy racers. Alan Shields // Daily Mail;1/21/2016, p15
THEY are easy to drive, have a top speed of only 8mph, and are usually owned by people who have the prudence that comes with age.
- Largest Cable Systems. // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p38
Provides information on the cable systems across the U.S. owned by cable operator Charter. Number of subscribers; Top executives.
- BYOS. // Computer Desktop Encyclopedia;2015, p1
(Build Your Own System) There are many enthusiasts who love to build their own PCs from scratch.
- Crossing the lines. Kiles, Jim // American City & County;Sep2006, Vol. 121 Issue 10, p22
This article discusses factors that cities and counties in the U.S. need to consider before they begin sending their information. Depending on the organizational culture, collaboration can start at a grassroots level, but it must have support among top officials. Before data and resources are...
- Joy Ride. Childress, Jason // Volleyball (10584668);Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p37
The article profiles junior volleyball players who have passion for automobiles in the U.S. They include Nick Collison of Bellarmine College Prep, who drives 1957 Ford Thunderbird, a two-seat and hard top convertible automobile; Nick Droege of Christian Brothers College, who owns a 2004 Ford...
- Two women open `finger lickin'good' restaurants uptown. White, Renee Minus // New York Amsterdam News;8/5/95, Vol. 86 Issue 31, p33
Introduces Renee Allen Mancino who owns the Carrot Top restaurant in partnership with her husband, and Shiela Thomas who owns A Taste of Seafood restaurant and its two branches. Fortunado's, another restaurant opened by Renee.
- Inside Job. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;7/10/2000, Vol. 263 Issue 2, p15
Reports that air conditioning equipment manufacturer Carrier Corp. has developed its own information system called Transfer of Production System (TOPS) to link its assembly lines with its distribution network. Advantages of TOPS to Carrier; Cost of development of TOPS; Description of how TOPS...
- TOURER IS TOP OF THE CLASS FOR SPACE. Mike Stone // Evening Standard;2/ 7/2014, p55
HONDA CIVIC TOURER 1.6 I-DTEC Top speed: 121mph; Emissions: 99g/ km; MPG: 74.3; Price: from Â£21,375 IT's no coincidence that the new Honda Civic Tourer's load-lugging capacity tops not only its own class but that of the class above, too, because the firm hopes to lure downsizers who still...