USA, Big Lots Team for Character Sweeps
- Polishing the Lot. Longo, Don // Retail Merchandiser;Oct2002, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p30
Features the Columbus, Ohio-based retailer Big Lots. Factors which help the company raise its profit projections; Strategies adopted by the company to improve its merchandising and supply chain management; Key reasons for the company's success.
- Big Lots to exit Canada after unprofitable venture. KNELL, MICHAEL J. // Furniture/Today;12/16/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p54
The article reports that the retail firm Big Lots is planning to exit the Canadian market during the first quarter of 2014 by stating that its foray outside the U.S. has been unprofitable.
- Big Lots niches food with international flair. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;4/7/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p3
Discusses the efforts of U.S. middle-market retailer Big Lots to add international flair to its food offerings. Number of items per store that will be included in international food sections being added to Big Lots; Price range; Aim to meet customer demands to create some loyalty.
- Guidance Is Curtailed For the Third Time. // MMR;1/13/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p49
The article reports on the decision of retailer Big Lots to reduce its fiscal 2013 earnings outlook for the third time in 2013 due to its poor performance in the third quarter and the lack of prospect for improved top-line or operating results.
- The closeout secret is out. Craig, Tim // DSN Retailing Today;6/9/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p11
Discusses the success of the decision made by the Big Lots Inc. to focus on closeout merchandise, as of June 2003. Factors that helped drive business for the company; Benefits of the introduction of the treasure-hunt environment concept to all stores owned by the company.
- Big Lots shifting ad dollars. Corral, Cecile B. // Home Textiles Today;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p2
Reports on the improvement plans of Durant, Oklahoma-based home textile retailer Big Lots Inc. for 2004. Advertising and merchandising upgrades; Enhancement of in-stock performance.
- Retail Briefs. // Home Textiles Today;8/9/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p2
The article offers news briefs related to retail trade in the U.S. including the 1.13 billion dollar sales of Big Lots Inc. in the second quarter of 2010, the goCash money transfer service offered by Family Dollar and Western Union, and the four percent decrease in sales of Stein Mart.
- Big Lots, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // Big Lots, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Dec2012, p1
A business analysis of Big Lots Inc., a broadline closeout retailer in North America, is provided, focusing on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) faced by the company. Strengths include strong distribution capabilities. Weaknesses include involvement in labor related...
- BIG LOTS MAKES A BIG DEAL ABOUT FURNITURE. DeGross, Renee // Retail Traffic;May2003, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the plan of Ohio-based closeout retailer Big Lots Inc. to retrofit its stores to accommodate house furnishings.